Quality Officer |
The Quality Officer is responsible for development and implementation of strategies to effectively support this healthcare network in its goal of providing quality services to the people served in Direct Care & Treatment – Mental Health Substance Abuse Treatment Services (MHSATS) along with overseeing the Quality function and efforts within Medical Services and Dental/Outpatient Clinics).
Job duties for this position include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the development of processes and procedures for ensuring compliance with state and federal standards and requirements which govern healthcare licenses and accreditation.
• Experience with CMS, Joint Commission, MDH, and accreditation survey processes.
• Demonstrated experience drafting policies, medical staff membership, and researching best practice standards.
• Direct activities to monitor, audit, analyze, and report program performance against established standards.
• As a contributor to the Medical Services Leadership Team, the Quality Officer will provide leadership in organizational planning, and will advise the team of quality issues which require organizational solutions.
The Quality Officer position has the primary role in developing and maintaining positive, productive and results-oriented relationships across a divergent group of persons including, patients, families, providers, clinicians, counties, other providers, hospitals, and other stakeholders. The position will have managerial influence and control primarily in the area of practices, processes, and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
3 years professional experience which must include one year of experience related directly to quality in a healthcare setting.
Bachelor's degree in public health, social work, human services, quality assurance or a related field can substitute for one of professional experience.
•Candidate must have working knowledge of behavioral health standards and accreditation processes
•Extensive knowledge of the operation of health care systems, administrative state agencies, relevant state and federal agencies, and accrediting organizations.
•Influential leadership skills that foster effective relationships.
•Ability to assist with the development and implementation of policies