||St. Paul , MN United States
|| Accounting/Auditing, Administrative and Support Services, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Social Services, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Government and Policy, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Internet/E-Commerce, Legal, Other, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Ombudsman Supervisor for the Minnesota Board on Aging Office of Ombudsman for Long Term Care provides supervision to the regional ombudsmen, the incumbent will supervise regional ombudsman staff and other staff as assigned by the State Ombudsman. They provide policy requirement consultation and guidance for the regional ombudsmen via phone, training and mentoring sessions.
Job responsibilities include:
• Assure that federal and state standards are met in providing direct advocacy services to clients.
• Ensure best practices are developed and used to support clients.
• Develop and implement an Ombudsman website along with applicable staff resources.
• Direct administrative operations; and, provides backup to the State Ombudsman with both internal and external clientele as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
1 year of supervisory or other leadership experience (or) completion of leadership development program (L4, Emerging Leaders Institute, etc.):
4 years of professional experience providing consultation in aging resident’s rights and long- term care which includes the following:
• Providing direct advocacy services to clients
• Working with volunteers, and case management database systems
• Financial management and budget development and oversight
• Contract development and management