SURG TECH (OR)-CERT|
MVHS SURGERY CENTER
FULL TIME/6:45A-7:15P/72 HOURS PER PAY
The Surgical Technologist (ST) performs technical functions to assist in the delivery of patient care within the Operating Room or other areas of the hospital as assigned. The ST provides assistance to other health care providers such as Registered Nurses, anesthesia staff, surgeons and other professionals. The primary role of the ST is to perform in the 'scrub' role during surgical procedures and to ensure availability of all sterile supplies, instrumentation, and equipment. Additionally, the ST provides orient/training to new team members, participates in very complex cases, and is responsible for driving PI projects to completion.
Essential Duties & Functions:
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of surgical procedures and instrumentation.
2. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of sterile technique, "scrubbing" and sterilization practices.
3. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of equipment used in the operating room.
4. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of medications used during a surgical procedure.
5. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the handling of specimens.
6. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of patient care in the operating room (prepping, draping, positioning, moving etc.)
7. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of cleaning in surgery (instrumentation, OR rooms etc.).
8. Assist the surgery team with room turn over and preparation of procedures.
Education Required: High School completion / GED
Type of degree: Certification as a Surgical Technologist
Area of study or major: Surgical Technology
Preferred educational qualifications: Diploma; Associates Degree in the field of Surgical Technology; Military Training; 5 or more years of experience without a degree.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current CPR is required.
Must be Certified as a Surgical Technologist under the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist by graduating from a CAAHEP and passing a national certification examination (CST) OR, certification under the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
Experience Required: No prior job-related work experience
Must be able to multitask with interruptions while maintaining a professional demeanor
Basic computer knowledge
Strong organizational skills
Effective interpersonal and communication skills