Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Sets the vision for usability for all of Nintendo’s
online properties. Oversees all usability-related research for Nintendo’s
online universe, and spearhead projects that improve usability from start to
finish. Will own the UI architecture, interaction and visual design of
Nintendo’s online portfolio and be the beacon of user experience
Qualifications & Requirements
- Lead and set the long-term vision for user experience in Nintendo’s
online universe, and evangelize vision with web production, dev and
creative design teams.
immediate and long-term with iterative updates that actualize the larger
vision over time.
- Create the framework
for UX design through card sorting, tree stumps, personas, usability
heuristic evaluation, user interviews, tasks
- Spearhead UX design
and define UX direction for web-related projects using appropriate tools
such as sketches, workflows, wireframes, interaction specifications
- Proactively iterate on task flows, wireframes,
and mock ups based upon user feedback, and working closely with developers to
ensure designs are carried out and implemented.
- Oversee usability
research projects from start to finish, and communicate findings with key
stakeholders with actionable recommendations that tangibly improve the
customer experience on nintendo.com and microsites.
- Guide the development and implementation of KPIs to measure
performance, presenting actual product performance versus objectives.
- Build highly collaborative relationships with stakeholders, visual
designers, and developers to create digital experiences that adhere to
user-centered design principles, and are technologically advanced.
- Partner with leadership and customer experience team to frame
problems and conceptually think through solutions.
- Critique agency partners
and designers creative work, offering direction for improving quality,
consistency or strategy.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in all areas of UX, including
user-centered design methods to the department.
- Lead innovation
by using competitive intelligence, watching industry trends, advocating
industry standards that fit Nintendo’s use case.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 8 years of experience as a user experience, interaction or visual designer for the web with 4 years of UX management experience.
- Required portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving difficult UX design problems and simplifying difficult business process to intuitive interfaces for customers. Portfolio should also demonstrate ability to design for variety of channels.
- Demonstrated ability to understand target audience needs and business goals, finding the best balance and applying to creative solutions.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, web accessibility, knowledge of usability principles and techniques along with limitations and constraints of front-end presentation principals and browser limitations.
- Advanced knowledge of design tools including Photoshop, Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle, Invision
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.0 Accessibility Requirements.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Ability to analytically defend design decisions to various audiences.
- Be an avid digital consumer and experience evaluator.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, psychology, business, human factors, cognitive science, computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI) preferred, or equivalent experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.