Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||San Diego, CA
|| Accounting/Auditing, Architectural Services, Construction, Mining and Trades, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Legal, Real Estate, Publishing, Executive Management, Logistics
Project Manager, Corporate Move Management|
Thank you for your interest in CBRE. This position is being published in an effort to build our candidate pipeline for our upcoming opportunities. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we will reach out to you at that time. We are growing a world-class organization with a world-class team and appreciate your interest in CBRE.
The primary responsibilities of this position consist of planning and managing business transition and relocation projects for corporate, life sciences and healthcare clientele. This is a lead management position responsible for the overall direction of activities associated with relocation projects ranging in size from 50 to 1,200 people.
While possessing strong written and oral communication skills, this individual must have the ability to effectively and professionally work with people of various disciplines and levels within a corporate environment, including: real estate, facility management and IT teams, C-level executives, department heads, administrative assistants, and end-users; as well as the project team, including: construction managers, architects, engineers, building managers and physical movers.
Duties include the following:
- Develop overall relocation strategy including a detailed move plan for each department impacted by the relocation to minimize or eliminate disruptions to client’s business operations
- Develop roles and responsibilities for client’s internal team members and external vendors including managing resource requirements
- Lead and oversee the relocation project team
- Coordinate and chair move team meetings
- Develop detailed move scope of work
- Develop communications plan to keep client leadership, move team and end-users informed of move plans and activities leading up to and including the physical relocation
- Develop and train a network of departmental move coordinators to service as “conduit” between Move Team and end-users
- Develop overall relocation budget and cost tracking
- Track and monitor project budget to control project costs
- Develop relocation schedule including detailed break-down of major tasks and resources required
- Develop project contingency plans
- Develop scopes of work for each subcontracted service associated with the relocation – i.e. physical move vendor, IT support vendor, move supplies etc.
- Work with client’s procurement and legal departments to develop and issue Requests for Proposal for all move-related vendors
- Provide vendor bid analysis and recommendations
- Develop move database using Microsoft Excel to track and disseminate end-user move information
- Mail merge move database to develop pre-printed move labels, signage and drawings
- Create and provide reporting on internal and external service level agreements and KPI’s
- Develop detailed move logistics plan for all move phases
- Provide training in the overall move process to internal and external team members
- Audit move process for best practices, lessons learned and process improvement
- Coordinate post move activities and lessons learned
Required Skill Set
- Ability to quickly gather and understand detailed information about the client company, their industry and business operations; establish good client relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability deal with people in all levels of the organization (admins to CEO)
- Must be able to present to large groups of people (50 – 500)
- Must be able to provide calm reassurance to client and help them through very stressful phases of projects
- Leadership abilities to take charge of a project and gain the trust and confidence of the client
- Ability to schedule and organize tasks based on client needs and project constraints
- Excellent time management skills to start and complete multiple layers of tasks concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent logic and reasoning skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to make sound decisions quickly
- Solid understanding of current business technology
- Willingness to work weekends and possibly some holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum four years of related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices. Working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, Smartsheet and AutoCAD preferred, but not required.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.