Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Information Technology, Research & Development
Technical Artist III (NST)|
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation, based in Redmond, Washington , is a wholly owned subsidiary of the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of video games, Nintendo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Nintendo Software Technology's mission is to design, develop and deliver the very best video games. We conduct research, use state-of-the-art equipment and review methods of operation so that we may continually improve the quality of the games that we produce. Each person employed at Nintendo Software Technology Corporation is a valued team member and is encouraged to participate in our efforts to create the highest quality games.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- An experienced contributor that designs and creates visual assets for digital entertainment products with a focus on object and character rigging.
- Lead less experienced art team members in assigned projects
- Responsible for creating and implementing character and object rigs for games to achieve innovative and high-quality gameplay experiences based on supporting art direction.
- Takes ownership of a specialized artistic area of a product’s development.
- Works directly with senior and lead artists to help visualize and develop game designs.
- Collaborate with other artists to create animation-ready 2D/3D assets with optimal deformation setup and motion controls.
- Work actively with other disciplines such as design, engineering, and audio to attain product quality animations for 2D/3D assets.
- Consistently maintain optimized assets to run within technical constraints such as memory and frame rate limitations and sustain clean and organized assets and file structures.
- Supports the growth of new or enhanced art development tools and techniques.
- Utilizes and maintains proficient knowledge of required commercial and Nintendo proprietary art production tools.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Applies professional expertise to review, analyze and test products under development as a contributing member of a production team to ensure delivery of Nintendo’s high standard of quality and timeliness.
Qualifications & Requirements
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 4 or more years of
experience rigging models in game development with a clear understanding of physics, character-based motion,
anatomy, and mechanical dynamics.
of MEL and Python scripting.
- Understanding of
interactive entertainment methodologies, production pipelines, and
Nintendo franchise art quality standards.
- Proven experience with joint setup, skinning, and
controller creation with
commercial art production software (E.g. Maya, etc.).
- Strong communication skills to effectively
communicate technique to other members of the team.
- Undergraduate degree in art or related field; or
equivalent education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
Please visit our employer showcase!