Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Sales, Research & Development, Web Technology
Bilingual Product Marketing Specialist|
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Leads product marketing support of campaign launch and post launch activities for assigned mobile titles.
- Trained product spokesperson responsible for interacting with and presenting products to media and consumers
- Trained corporate spokesperson responsible for demonstrating products in videos, livestreams and live
demos in trade show
settings. Meets with media to present and discuss products. Responsible for understanding key consumer-facing messaging for assigned projects.
- Supports key
product launch and post launchactivities, community outreach and key branding initiatives based on
predetermined strategy as directed by management.
- Provides insight into
key product features, writes product marketing brief
and prepares comprehensive product content outlines
marketing and promotion activities
to ensure accurate representation of product
content and strategy.
- Drafts product
information roll-out plan proposals
and supports PR and social media teams in finalizing product PR and social media plans.
- Writes consumer-facing marketing copy for use on Nintendo
and retailer websites and Nintendo’s eShop and digital storefronts.
- Supports review of TV,
digital and print
advertising creative, providing feedback on product accuracy.
- Actively supports production of advertising
creative in the role of product expert and collaborates on selection of game assets for inclusion in final advertising.
- Supports creation of consumer-facing trailers and other
video assets designed to
communicate key product features including pre-produced videos
and video livestreams like Nintendo
- May include hosting or starring in videos.
internal teams and external
agency partners on
product features. Demonstrates products to
external partners, media and consumers.
- Evaluates games for quality and marketability and writes product evaluation reports. Under management direction, contributes
feedback to game analysis for product improvements and appropriateness for
North American markets
- Maintains competitive knowledge of marketplace, monitors consumer reaction to assigned products,
monitors effectiveness of PR activities and provides
analytical reports on game market data
- Department/Nintendo product champion. Understands game features
and anticipates issues, and
concerns for the projects in which directly involved
- Bilingual: Communicates directly with Japanese development teams, coordinating asset
communicating promotional plans as needed.
- Bilingual: Translates
written and verbal communications including emails, product evaluations and other documentation, and conference calls with development and promotions teams in Japan.
- Bilingual: Performs
for developer interviews with media
- Contributes to development coordination and communication; performs some administrative
- Often necessary to change duties, projects or
direction on short notice
- Up to 50% domestic and international travel
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Two to
five years of
- Strong writing skills, including experience writing
consumer facing marketing copy
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of industry and Nintendo history
- Bilingual: Fluent in English
and Japanese with strong bilingual
spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to
present product information and demos
to internal teams
- Ability to maintain a
heavy workload on an ongoing basis
- Requires video game development
experience in localization, external or internal
- Professional writing
skills, confidence and ability to present
on camera and
(over 100 people) preferred.
- Excellent game play skills
- Undergraduate degree in Writing, Communications, Business, a related
field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Bilingual: Japanese
proficiency test Level I or
native fluency required
- Valid passport may be
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
Please visit our employer showcase!