|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Engineering, Information Technology, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
CONTRACT - Senior Engineer (Graphics Team) (NTD)|
Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Qualifications & Requirements
We are looking for graphics software engineers to work on Nintendo's proprietary graphics drivers and software for Nintendo gaming platforms. Nintendo Technology Development, Inc. is a technology research and development subsidiary responsible for hardware design and driver development for Nintendo gaming systems. This engineer will be responsible for working with internal teams and vendors on critical features, performance tuning and troubleshooting. The successful candidate will be a high-energy problem-solver with a passion for excellence and a proven track record. We are looking for people who are excellent team players, and who work well on individual assignments. A strong background in 3D graphics hardware and drivers is essential.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- OpenGL or DirectX programming expertise required
- Outstanding knowledge of GPU hardware and software architecture
- Experience with display drivers, video formats, and scaling technologies
- Excellent programming skills in C/C
- Development experience on embedded systems or game consoles
- Experience with graphics performance analysis and optimization
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with parallel and asynchronous processing
- BS is required. MS is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in systems and graphics development.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.