Rep Retail Sales- Charleston, WV|
At Nestlé, we pride ourselves in providing training programs that prepare employees for the ever-changing business world. As the largest Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company in the world, we offer an environment that is diverse, challenging and supportive, including hands-on experience and real-world responsibilities that would serve as the springboard for a successful career. It’s because of our collaborative and open business environment that we have been ranked as the number one consumer food products company, in Fortune magazine’s annual survey of the World’s Most Admired companies, for eight consecutive years. Come join our hardworking extraordinary team and thrive in a dynamic and supportive culture.
Job Location – In Market for an assigned territory Charleston, WV
What to Expect
The Retail Sales Representative owns and delivers sales for their overall territory by developing relationships with store managers/personnel to achieve directed short and long-term performance objectives. This is achieved with a focus on delivering the overall value of retail (VOR) to include sales, displays, new items and core distribution. Activities center on wall-to-wall sales coverage of Nestlé items, including systemic problem solving related to out of stocks, new item speed to shelf, share of shelf, price compliance, and promotion selling. Responsible for overall territory business planning to ensure meeting and exceeding client objectives. In the NRS organization, all employees are responsible for on boarding and training others as directed. Activities include but not limited to new hire on-boarding, peer work withs, in-store and classroom instruction
Selling Incremental Volume (55% of the time)
• Sell incremental volume for display and obtain maximum support for promoted products.
• Sell promotional surveys for displays.
• Sell additional products based on opportunities observed.
• Collaborates with targeted store-level/district-level retail operations personnel to create and execute business reviews that drive volume.
• Leads expenditure of financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
Selling Improved Store Pricing (10% of the time)
• Ensures compliance to pricing guidelines at retail level.
• Reports competitive price changes and promotional support and resolves competitive pricing issues.
Selling Improved Inventory and Retail Shelf Conditions (20% of the time)
• Identify and correct voids.
• Ensure new items are available.
• Merchandise products to obtain schematic compliance.
• Pack out shelves, rotate products, handle unsellable product.
• Resolve systemic problems related to out-of-stocks and voids.
• Monitors shelf to ensure share of shelf.
Communications with Store Personnel (15% of the time)
• Develops and maintains proper relations with department/store level personnel within territory in order maximize sales results.
• Communicates market insights from the retail level to management.
Reports to the Regional Retail Sales Manager and works with Retail Store Managers and personnel, and other RSRs.
Key Measures of Success
• Achievement of scorecard objectives weighted against peer results.
• Sales volume
• Expanded distribution
• Promotion sales
• New item speed to shelf
• Compliance with directed store call procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education and Experience Requirements
• BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Sales Management, or related field, preferred
• Sales, merchandising, or retail management experience of consumer product goods is preferred
• Bending/Twisting: Frequently, at waist 30-45 degrees, with or without accommodations
• Operation of Hand truck, wheeled cart/rack, box cutter and handheld computer is required with or without accommodation
• Operation of personal vehicle is required (or company vehicle – as appropriate)
• Use of seat belts, gloves, safety cones, protective jacket and kneepads is required
• Use of high ankle support, slip resistant, anti-fatigue steel toed or composite safety shoes is required
• Using cell phones while operating a vehicle while performing company business is strictly prohibited.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to learn the role and responsibilities of the position.
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
• Detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Solve common problems experienced in a retail environment.
• Excellent selling skills.
• Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Power Point, Word and Access and Outlook).
• Knowledge of retail customer operations.
• Ability to analyze financial, inventory, retail conditions and/or other data to adapt appropriate selling approach.
• Ability to learn and utilize customer technology in everyday job functions.
• Ability to handle tasks in a time conscious manner achieving coverage goals.
• Ability to run within a financial budget.
• Must certify on customer technology once hired, where applicable
• Some overnight travel required – 1 or 2 nights per month on average
• Varied work week, may include evenings and/or weekends