JR0134478 - HPC Stack Software Engineer|
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as an HPC Stack Software Engineer!
In this role you will be part of the High-Performance Computing (HPC) Extreme Scale Software Team, whose goal is to enable scalable HPC software for Intel Architecture (IA) platforms. We work with top industrial and academic partners to optimize their stack components to show what they are capable of on IA.
The Software Engineer is primarily a connection between Intel technologists and the partner's engineers. You will act as a consultant and provide support to third party component developers. Additionally, you will help developers optimize their products on IA and prepare collateral material to capture methods and demonstrate their results. As a software and Intel technology expert, you will author technical papers and training courses and provide expertise to technology providers and peer Intel organizations. You will also contribute to Intel software and hardware product development by providing technical feedback to Intel product teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate as a member of our partner's technology team.
- Connect partner's technology initiatives to Intel's technology teams to get issues addressed.
- Ensure that software developed by our partners run best on Intel's latest and upcoming platforms and technologies.
- Support partner SW developers during all phases of SW development cycle including feature definition, project setup, project execution, tech support.
- Provide technical training, consultation, and hands on assistance to SW developers in areas of architecting, technologies, code development, testing, and tuning of SW applications.
- Provide training, consultation, and hands-on assistance to SW developers using the Intel SW Tools; evangelize Intel SW Tools and technologies to SW developer community.
- Learning about new technologies of Intel and problem solving in areas that are new to you.
- Writing monthly status report to partner.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a collaborative team player as well as a self-directed and independent worker.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal (phone and in person) and written communication skills.
Our software engineers have the opportunity to touch the entire software ecosystem! In fact, by number of employees, we are one of the most influential software companies in the world. At Intel, you’ll be at forefront of everything from enhanced usability and security, to integrated software and hardware solutions, to seamless connectivity. We're looking for more great software engineer leaders who can help us push computing capabilities even further. Those who are passionately motivated by seeing their advanced product design creations used by millions of end users.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field plus 2 years of industry work experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field plus related experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field with related experience.
- 2 plus years of programming experience with solid understanding of programming concepts, e.g. algorithms, data structure, version control system, software release flow, etc.
- 2 plus years of experience in parallel programming (e.g. OpenMP, MPI, etc.).
- 2 plus years of experience in HPC software stacks (e.g. Extreme-scale Scientific Software Stack).
- 2 plus years of experience writing code with a modern software language.
- Travel regularly (6-week cadence) to customer sites within the United States for team meetings.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or higher.
- 1 plus years of experience with Intel software tools (such as compiler, high performance libraries, vtune analyzer, advisor, ITAC, etc.).
- 1 plus years of experience in GPU (e.g. CUDA) programming.
- Publications in peer reviewed journals or conferences.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro;Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....