VHB’s growing South Burlington, VT office is looking for a junior Transportation Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will work within a team of professionals in developing highway, traffic and transportation engineering solutions for a multitude of transportation projects.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Developing the design of roadway, pathway and sidewalk facilities
- Developing quantity and cost estimates
- Preparing engineering drawings
- Assisting in the preparation of transportation scoping studies
- Preparing written planning documents, summarize information collected by others, and assemble reports
- Traffic data collection and tabulation
- Development, analysis and evaluation of traffic improvements
- Intersection and roadway level of service analyses
- Client and agency interaction/coordination
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Strong computer skills
- Excel at working in a team environment
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 0-3 years of professional civil/transportation engineering/planning experience
- Experience with MicroStation desired
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for over 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
New employees beginning prior to Labor Day 2020 will likely be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.