Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Medical
Staff Athletic Trainer|
Bellarmine University Athletics is searching for a Staff Athletic Trainer. This position's responsibilities include onsite care and management of injuries and illnesses including prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation; assess risk of injury, perform ergonomic evaluation and coaching, self-care implementation and overall wellness promotion; electronic documentation of all patient encounters; coordinate and implement injury prevention programs and customized preventative strategies and programs to each patient; minimize risk of injury through awareness, education and prevention strategies; provide accommodation recommendations, related to sport, for student-athletes with restrictions or limitations; communicate with physicians and coaching staff regarding the injury status of athletes; carry out medical care for assigned student-athletes per the Athletic Training Department standard operating procedures; responsible for administrative and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of a large range of medical problems. Assessment, evaluation skills and working with other healthcare professionals are required.
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decisions per state licensure guidelines.
- Thorough and detailed injury tracking and documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situation when talking to patients, medical professionals, staff and families.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Work is of medium physical demand.
- Ability to lift 80 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects.
- Medium strength is required to position patients for examination.
- May assist patients as needed, helping them on and off the exam table.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
About Bellarmine University:
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in The Princeton Review's Best 385 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world. Beginning in Fall 2020, Bellarmine's 22 athletic teams will compete in NCAA Division I, through an invitation from the ASUN Conference.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.
Bellarmine is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Bellarmine is committed to core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Bellarmine will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of its increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential.