Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Education, Law Enforcement, and Security, Military, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Part Time Public Safety Officer|
Bellarmine University Department of Public Safety has an opening for a Part-time Public Safety Officer. Responsibilities include working as directed by the Director of Public Safety to ensure a safe campus for students, faculty and staff. This position will be a late watch Officer (3 days a week) 12:00 - 8:00 AM, which may include weekends and holidays. Advance scheduling will be utilized whenever possible per the needs to the department.
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Checks and secures buildings including authorized admittance and completes building patrols as directed.
- Reports on thefts, acts of violence, and violations of local laws and campus regulations.
- Patrols campus for any unusual situations that could endanger the University community.
- Enforces Traffic Control and Traffic Regulations including assisting disabled vehicles.
- Safeguards all campus properties and human life.
- Maintains good order and discipline throughout all University facilities at all times following established guidelines.
- Administers first aid/CPR (if certified) to injured persons until the arrival of EMS units.
- Works to prevent vandalism, fire/hazard occurrences and provides other safety awareness.
- Provides security for athletic/other functions as directed by the Director of Public Safety.
- Directs building evacuations in the event of fire, bomb threats, or natural disaster.
- Performs duties within scope of responsibility of assigned position. All matters beyond that immediate scope should be referred to the Director of Public Safety.
- Performs all duties with proper attention to improving public relations between the University community and local law enforcement agencies as a whole.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
Applicants must have High school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience in law enforcement, military or two years of security or corrections experience preferred. Selected applicants must have a valid driver's license. Knowledge of CPR and first aid is a plus.
- Applicant must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extensive amount of time patrolling the campus
Applicants must provide a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references by clicking on the appropriate link in this posting. Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
About Bellarmine University:
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students, and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in the Princeton Review's Best 384 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings, and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.
Bellarmine is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Bellarmine is committed to core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Bellarmine will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of its increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential.