Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Information Technology, Sports and Recreation, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development
Graduate Assistant - Women's Volleyball|
Bellarmine University Athletics has an immediate opening for a Graduate Assistant for Women's Volleyball. This position will provide support and assistance to the Head Coach. The Graduate Assistant will receive graduate tuition remission covering a maximum of 6 credit hours per semester (not including summer) as well as a stipend.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of practices, scouting, individual coaching sessions, equipment, office work, and other duties as assigned.
- Manage student-athlete skill development and performance analysis;
- Recruit athletes qualified student-athletes for admission while adhering to NCAA Division I and University standards.
- Monitor academic advisement and progress of student-athletes;
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the University, its programs, and personnel.
- Abide by and comply with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Conference rules, academic standards, requirements and policies of the Department of Athletics and University.
- Assist in organization of sports information materials.
- Contribute to the overall success of the University's intercollegiate athletics program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work is performed in an indoor environment but may require outdoor activities.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Playing and/or coaching experience in volleyball
- Willingness to communicate and work effectively in a team atmosphere
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
About Bellarmine University:
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in The Princeton Review's Best 385 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world. Beginning in Fall 2020, Bellarmine's 22 athletic teams will compete in NCAA Division I, through an invitation from the ASUN Conference.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.
Bellarmine is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Bellarmine is committed to core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Bellarmine will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of its increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential.