||The Boston Beer Company
|| Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Insurance, Quality Control, Research & Development
Wastewater Operator Level 2|
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Full Time Waste Water Operator Level 2 in Milton, DE
- Perform 24/7 day-to-day shift activities of operating the waste water treatment facilities.
- Provide On-call support for off-shifts
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment.
- Perform laboratory sampling, testing, maintenance and results evaluation.
- Monitor and record meter readings and identifies out of compliance
- Report and support the repair of any equipment malfunctions to the Waste Water Supervisor and/or maintenance team.
- Ensure that all SOPs are followed, and DOT, OSHA and other requirements are met. Make recommendations for improving SOPs and improving cost.
- Interact with Supervisor to ensure safety and permit compliance.
- Maintain a CDL certification, and haul sludge and/or spent yeast to 3rd party treatment facilities as required.
- Monitors wastewater vehicles to ensure regular maintenance and fitness for use; may schedule repairs as appropriate.
- Maintains clean vehicles, wastewater facilities and storage areas.
- Performs other maintenance duties as requested, including cleaning and providing support to peers in order to maintain a high level of productivity during unscheduled downtime.
- Fosters continual job and process improvement by taking an active role in individual and team success; constructively changes status quo.
- Fosters positive working relationships and good communication both withing the Wastewater department and inter-departmentally.
- Enforces and adheres to all safety regulations as required by the position and the company's safety policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work off-shift with a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends, and holidays
- Slippery or wet work surfaces
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
- 5-7 years wastewater plant experience.
- Must have an active class A driver’s license with a tanker endorsement in good standing and pass all applicable driving physicals.
- Must be an insurable driver through the company’s vehicle insurance plan
- Delaware Waste Water Operator Certification Class 3 license
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also offer co worker discounts, benefits, and 401k.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.