We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery is seeking a highly skilled, self-motivated off-centered Multi-Craft Mechanic to join our rapidly growing maintenance department in our amazing brewery in Milton, DE.
You’ll perform a variety of diverse tasks utilizing your wide range of mechanical and technical know-how. You will perform preventive maintenance and installation tasks to support the production process. You will repair existing equipment, install new systems, troubleshoot machinery, as well as detect and report defective materials and/or questionable conditions to the Maintenance Supervisor. A maintenance mechanic with proven know-how and a get it done attitude will do extremely well in our awesome off-centered culture where we work hard but like having fun too!
What you will need to bring:
- Strong mechanical ability in an industrial environment,
- Understanding of electrical fundamentals and ability to decipher whether an issue is electrical or mechanical
- Independently troubleshoot machine failures and repair or replace components.
- Knowledge of piping systems maintenance: valves, pumps ,meters, filters etc. associated with moving stuff through pipes.
- Understand the fundamentals of electronic controls such as PLCs and VFDs
- Able to perform PM’s from detailed work orders, including parts management.
- Ability to interpret manufacturers’ schematics, manuals, blueprints or similar documents to troubleshoot and repair production equipment.
- Strong knowledge of industrial safety practices such as lock out/tag out, confined space entry and hazard identification and injury prevention.
- Ability to work safely around moving machinery
- Able to use Microsoft Office and maintenance software:
- Willingness to work on a rotation of shifts
What will set you apart from the crowd:
- Experience with the operation of Allen Bradley/Siemens PLC’s, VFD’s
- Welding and fabrication skills
- Experience maintaining high speed packaging/production equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and electronic components and systems
- Experience with Servo motors and robotics.
- Experience using CMMS software
- Experience with in-process instrumentation (pH, conductivity, density, turbidity, O2, CO2)
- Experience with Sanitary/hygienic equipment (pumps, piping, CIP systems).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and sustain work overhead including use of power/hand tools for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to twist/turn, reach over shoulders, work overhead, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Mechanics must be able to stand/walk on a continual basis and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl during work.
- Previous utilities experience is helpful. Must obtain and maintain active and valid DFHCB forklift certification.
- Working safely around moving machinery is required.
- Having working knowledge of Microsoft Office and maintenance software such as Tabware or SAP is helpful.
- *Please know shift rotation is required. Your shift will predominantly be 3rd shift, Tues-Saturday; but may change as business needs change.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have various benefits, including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.