Business Risk & Control Director - Auto Control|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.Â
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Â
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Â
Wells Fargo Auto offers consumers vehicle financing and offers dealers a complete suite of products and services to help them manage the business side of their dealerships. Wells Fargo Auto is a leading auto lender with more than 11,000 dealer relationships and a portfolio of over $56 billion, helping over 3 million consumers with their auto financing needs.
The Auto Control Organization is seeking two Business Risk & Control Directors who will be responsible for partnering with Auto business groups to identify, assess, manage and mitigate current and emerging risk exposures associated with their activities and operations. Other responsibilities might include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors, measures, evaluates, and reports on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group and enterprise function. In partnership with business groups, provides strategic leadership to key stakeholders to identify, manage, and mitigate risk.Â
- Directs and controls strategy and execution of activities associated with the Business Risk and Control for a business group or functional area with considerable risk and complexity.Â
- Ensures appropriate adaptation strategies that address any control/process weaknesses or gaps are identified and remediation plans are supported and acted upon.
- Ensures that all business risk issues are proactively identified and addressed appropriately, escalating where necessary.Â
- Oversees programs or initiatives related to a line of business and/or an Enterprise strategy with considerable impact across the Enterprise and externally.Â
- Key interface and fosters relationships with corporate, business heads, Legal, Audit, regulators, and industry partners regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs.Â
- Manages a team of Sr Managers, Managers and/or Sr Officers from cross-functional teams in accomplishing group strategic priorities.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:Â
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 10+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 7+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- 7+ years of management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Substantial Auto experienceÂ
- A deep understanding of Dealer Management, Aftermarket Products, and Auto Account ServicingÂ
- Senior level leadership experience managing senior managers, managers, and individual contributors across multiple geographic locations
- Ability to foster a collaborative environment to ensure timely communication and strong cooperation between the front line organization and independent risk management.Â
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.