Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Remote, US United States
|| Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Customer Service and Call Center, Education, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
Solar FIeld Engineer|
EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
Scope of Job:
Provides technical support on owned and third-party asset contracted under EDF Renewables. Provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective technical support on solar and battery storage equipment in the field, documenting the knowledge gained through first-hand evaluation. Assist in developing strong techniques, maintenance strategies, and processes to maximize solar plant financial performance and long-term performance sustainability. Serve as and Subject Matter Expert and will work closely with the Senior Manager, Solar, Performance and Reliability Engineering, Solar and Battery Storage Engineering, Project Development, and Generation to guide lifecycle planning and new plant development.
45% Field assist in process standardization & Compliance Programs
• Assist in the direction and coordination of maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure alignment with OEM manuals, EDF best practices, and industry best practices.
• Work with SIG/OT to design, develop, and implement monitoring systems for solar and battery storage assets.
• Assist with analytical reviews on solar and battery facilities to drive more accurate modeling and corrective actions for underperforming plants.
• Assist in the creation of reliable methods to analyze solar and battery operational data to enable regular analysis updates to be performed.
• Using OEM Manuals and best industry practice, develop field level processes describing Standardized Work. Work with the Document Control team to institutionalize these processes
• In conjunction with Technical Training as SME, define necessary technician training, qualification methods, and training content development.
• Evaluate system level components related to solar and battery storage to identify alternate material suppliers for various equipment.
• Identify needed repair and replacement material and work with Procurement to enable sourcing of the material.
• Validate processes developed by Health, Safety & Environment, Operational Technology, NERC Services, and other Enterprise Wide Subject Matter Experts.
• Under guidance of the Senior Manager, Solar, work with Dispatch System providers and Document Control to continuously improve the mobile information and documentation available to the field technicians.
40% Field Support
• Instruct, train, and assist site personnel in safe work practices, infra-red thermography, and battery testing and maintenance. Ensure compliance with industry safe work practices by site technicians and contractors performing Solar and Battery storage work activities.
• Work with other Subject Matter Experts to integrate Enterprise Wide processes into the solar business.
• Work with technical services, strategic procurement, and functional document control to maintain current revisions of solar and battery storage site technical libraries in the OEM Center Library.
• Assist and give technical direction during unplanned outages to restore plant to normal operations in a safe and timely manner.
• Work with Solar/ Battery Storage Engineering, PRE, Asset Management, and Site Managers to evaluate high-risk equipment (using SAP data), coordinate analyses, corrective actions/follow ups, and conclusions.
• Perform lean management on solar and battery storage processes and procedures to drive continuous improvement and deliver innovative solutions.
• Evaluate Standardized Work for value-add and efficiency.
10% Coordination of Solar and Battery Storage System Turnover
• Study technical drawings of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
• Verification of as-builts drawings to physical installation. Documenting equipment accuracy.
• Assist in the transition from construction to operations commissioning and testing.
• Coordination of all documentation turnover related to solar and battery storage systems.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
Supervision of Others:
• Provide oversight of Contractors and Subcontractor’s responsible for performing work on solar and battery storage systems by multi-skilled works crews.
• B.S. degree in Electrical or Industrial Engineering or completion of a formal apprenticeship program or equivalent combination of work experience and technical training required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in heavy industry, power generation, or related filed.
• Extensive knowledge in the area of electrical troubleshooting of electronic circuits and controls.
• Advanced knowledge and skill for troubleshooting of AC / DC high, medium, low voltage and control circuits.
• Knowledge of in-depth testing and troubleshooting of low and medium voltage equipment to include transformers, potential transformers, current transformers, current transducers, breakers, relays, contactors, motors Inverters, and converters.
• Skilled reader of technical drawings and documents. Provide investigations of battery and storage equipment failures and interruptions to ascertain cause of failure and/or interruptions.
• A strong understanding of varying NFPA electrical codes, IEC standards, OSHA regulations, and general electrical safety, including arc-flash.
• Excellent people skills and have strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across multiple company departments, with 2nd and 3rd party contractors, and customers, exercising appropriate tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
• Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, database, Outlook, SAP, OSI Pi and various statistical analysis tools. Fluent with common industrial operations management tools, techniques, and methods. SAP, SCADA, data management software, ERP or similar. A strong understanding and utilization of Continuous Improvement Methodologies
• A strong understanding of lean process design.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Stand, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Able to work outdoors in varying climate conditions.
• Able to work with electrical equipment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience, or the ability to demonstrate electrical skills.
• Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks), both onsite as well as on public roads and highways. Must have a current driver’s license.
• Must be willing and able to travel throughout North America, or internationally as required or directed.
40% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 60% of time is spent outside of the office visiting sites to gain hands-on experience and knowledge.
The employee must work within the budget constraints as authorized by the Executive Team while successfully following all policies and procedures related to employees’ fiscal responsibilities in doing the day-to-day job.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer
boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable
solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.