Enterprise Testing Sr Associate|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.Â
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Â
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Â
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Corporate Risk, the Independent Testing & Validation (ITV) group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated testing and validation program at the corporate level. ITV is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing independent testing of non-financial risks; and conducting horizontal and targeted reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the ITV methodology and standards, and executing group- specific testing.
The Independent Testing and Validation Team is seeking Senior Associates to support the testing and validation of the front line Information Technology program for Financial Reporting at Wells Fargo. This position will report to the Testing Senior Manager within IT&V Chief Operating Office, Technology, Strategy, Digital Platform & Innovation (CTSD&I) team.
Responsibilities of the Senior Associate role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing meaningful assessments of IT control environments impacted by financial, risk, and regulatory reporting
- Leading and supporting efforts to effectively identify risks through control testing.
- Developing control design and performance testing procedures.
- Executing the testing of controls with moderate supervision.Â
- Proactively engaging business partners to kick-off testing and lead ongoing meetings with moderate supervision.
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and IT control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts.
- Documenting test results and any issues identified while also providing recommendations to management.
- Proactively communicating issues to stakeholders and identifying issue ownership.Â
- Developing clear and concise reporting to be shared with IT&V management and Front Line Units.Â
- Providing Credible Challenge to the First Line Units as needed.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business and IT functions related to assigned areas.
- 5+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 5+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance testing
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinationsÂ
- Experience testing policy and procedures/control testingÂ
- Knowledge and understanding of Technology and Information Security Frameworks and standards (COBIT, COSO, FFIEC, NIST, ISO)
- Minimum two years at Big Four/super regional public accounting firm with experience in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting service
- Experience supporting SOX/SOC, Regulatory Exams (Domestic and Int'l), Audits, and other technology control related assessments.
- Demonstrated success with influencing business units to identify, formulate and implement processes/procedures to mitigate risk.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with technology. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Ability to present to executives
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications:Â
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)Â
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
For Testing and Validation Positions Only:
One or more of the following certifications is desired:
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Financial Crimes Specialist (CFCS)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP)
- Certified Risk Professional Program (CRP) For Testing and Validation Positions Only
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefitsÂ for benefits information.