Senior Strategy Manager |
Our mission at The Boston Beer Company is to bring the highest-quality products to the U.S. beer drinker. To answer that mission, we are creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the differences in both our people and our brands. Our diversity makes us stronger, and when you bring your authentic self to work, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more sustainable company & community.
As a fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly Hard Seltzer), we seek constantly to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for hardworking, talented, and passionate people (that means you!) to join our team. We are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
We are currently hiring a Senior Strategy Manager in Boston, MA or Remote.
The Senior Strategy Manager, as part of the Strategic Planning & Programs team, is responsible for influencing the long direction of The Boston Beer Company and driving key strategic projects to improve the performance of our business, working on the most pressing strategic questions and issues facing our business. This role will be integral to defining, executing and supporting strategic projects including market research, competitive intelligence, drinker needs and trends, partnering with internal and external SMEs etc., working collaboratively with senior leaders across the business to formulate our recommended strategic path forward. This role reports to the Director, Strategic Planning & Programs.
What You'll Do:
Boston Beer Vision and Strategy
- Act as trusted advisor to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) in shaping and pressure-testing the Boston Beer vision and strategy through deep understanding of our market and industry ecosystem, intimate knowledge of our drinker across drinking occasions and view on new growth areas for Boston Beer, working closely with key senior leaders across BBC to develop viewpoints
Strategic “Radar” Function
- Act as a “radar” function for changes in our macro environment (market research, competitor intelligence, drinker trends etc.), working closely with relevant internal stakeholders to have a clear view on how our macro environment / industry eco-system is evolving, along with possible implications for our overall strategy and direction
Annual Strategic Planning Process
- Drive the annual strategic planning process, including:
- (i) supporting brands and functions in periodic strategy refreshes in support of overall BBC strategy,
- (ii) supporting brands and functions in developing strategic fact bases based on in-depth industry and consumer landscaping,
- (iii) translate strategies into actionable projects and initiatives to drive growth, margin enhancements and capability builds, and
- (iv) drive preparation of ELT and Board of Directors meetings and other internal communication to clearly lay out the BBC strategic direction
Strategic “SWAT” Function
- Drive fast-paced, strategic support on our most pressing strategic issues and questions facing our business, often with company- and industry-shaping recommendations to follow, working closely with our most senior leaders to develop recommendations and interfacing directly with relevant members from the ELT to support decision-making
- Work closely with Head of Strategic Planning & Programs to make the team a talent hub for future leaders at BBC
- Inspire, motivate and mentor our high potential associates on the team to become catalysts for increased strategic thinking and planning across BBC and for them in the future to take on leadership positions across the company
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA (preferred)
- 5 years’ experience working on related topics with 2 years’ experience from leading management consulting firm or within an equivalent corporate strategy group
- Experience in data mining and analysis
- Strong business acumen and judgment
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision showing a natural curiosity for problem solving and getting to 2nd order insights from data
- Conceptual, data-driven thinker with strong proficiency in Excel (other data tools a plus)
- Strong communication skills along with proficiency in PowerPoint to deliver clear and impactful messages
- Ability to coordinate and drive complex tasks with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Natural bias for action and driving priorities forward
- Ability to educate and influence coworkers and leaders
- Desired Experience:
- Strong interest in the beer industry
- Experience working in FMCG or retail strongly preferred, with understanding of industry dynamics
- Familiarity with PowerBI a plus
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.