*Please note that all internship postings will be taken down October 31st and phone interviews will begin in October. Only viable candidates will be contacted to continue in the process*
IT manages all our technology, from our point-of-sale systems in stores to the desktop computer at home office and everything in between. They keep us connected in all areas of the business!
- Internships will begin Summer 2022 (Mid to late May) and last for 12 weeks.
- All interns are full-time, paid positions (planning for remote or hybrid)
- Only the candidates who meet the internship requirements will be contacted for interviews
- All interns will be required to complete a project at the end of the internship program
- This opportunity is only open to Sophomore, Junior, and Senior candidates at this time, local candidates preferred
- Relocation and housing expenses will not be covered by Designer Brands
Our Business Intelligence (BI) team has an Information Technology internship opportunity available for Summer 2022. At the end of the program, the interns will have a better understanding of this IT function within Designer Brands.
The BI Intern requires a candidate that is eager to learn about information technology processes that encompass collection and management of corporate application generated data as well as support of analytical users that rely on this data. This candidate must thrive in an analytic, collaborative and detail-oriented environment.
Role responsibilities include development of solutions based on technical design for BI initiatives, both small and large. The candidate in this role will collaborate with BI Technical peers, BI Analysts, and Quality Assurance Analysts to build high quality, data focused deliverables for our business customers. Aspects of this role include oversight and maintenance of various environments and toolsets, support of end-user report incidents, and requests to identify and suggest technical solutions.
Common Tools Used by Team Members:
Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook (email), MicroStrategy Developer and Web, Cherwell Service Desk, DSeries Task Automation and Scheduling Tool, Crystal Reports, Tableau
Common Discipline Focuses:
Agile & Waterfall software development methodologies, Release Management and Object Migration best practices, Code Management methodologies, Development and Unit Testing best practices, Application Management methodologies, Systems Analysis, Process Improvement practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Broad curiosity of BI practices and principles
- Understanding of relational databases
- MS Office Suite with focus on Excel
- Sql knowledge
- Beginner to Intermediate knowledge of a programming language
- Course work or experience with data warehousing
- Strong logic, mathematics, or statistical background
- Candidates should be actively pursuing a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, MIS, Business, Finance, or other related field of study