Program Assistant 3|
Program Assistant 3
Job ID: 41559
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Department: MED-Ctr Hlth Svcs Outcomes Res
The Center for Health Services & Outcomes Research (CHSOR) sits within the Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM) at Northwestern’s Feinberg School of Medicine. It is one of IPHAM’s largest research centers, and it is recruiting a Program Assistant 3 to administratively support CHSOR’s Faculty Director and Center Administrator. This position will report to CHSOR’s Center Administrator and will assist with expense reports and payment requests; communications and website maintenance; facilities management, space requests, and inventory; and special projects, events, etc. The Program Assistant 3 will be the first point of contact on the floor. The preferred candidate will be a strong communicator and team-player who is organized, detail-oriented, and is able to manage up.
Coordinates administrative processes and prioritizes, directs, and responds to business matters involving administrative functions associated with education, research, and/or operations. Creates and maintains associated documents, spreadsheets, databases, meetings, special events, etc. and alerts supervisor of critical issues and upcoming events.
Documents & Databases
- Independently responds to and composes correspondence.
- Creates and maintains standard spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Prepares queries, reports, statistics, tables, charts, etc. based on information compiled from various sources.
- Determines format, elements, trends, etc.
- Maintains websites and/or blogs.
- Creates new web pages and/or updates standard information/data within the application’s content management program.
- Creates and maintains financial records.
- Prepares forms.
- Verifies appropriateness and accuracy of charges.
- Processes and reconciles expenses, accounting transfers, and/or appropriation changes.
- Updates financial transaction spreadsheets and databases.
- Generates summary reports and statistics.
- Manages supervisor's and/or dept calendar.
- Manages registration and travel.
- Organizes and coordinates events which may include creating timelines.
- Collects agenda items and background materials.
- Creates registrant profiles.
- Coordinates complex itineraries involving domestic and/or international travel, etc.
- Verifies invoices and expense reports; and/or reconciles to budget.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming calls.
- Responds to inquiries.
- Provides basic interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Researches information to resolve problems or issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent along with 4 years of administrative support experience is required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs.
- Effective organizational skills
- Strong initiative and follow through
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude and the ability to be a team player
- Previous experience managing calendars in Outlook, ideally for a senior level faculty member
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Preferred knowledge of or interest in public health or policy, healthcare, research, health disparities, etc.
Please apply online at https://careers.northwestern.edu/psp/hr857prd_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=41559&PostingSeq=1
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.