Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York City, NY United States
|| Government and Policy
POSITION TITLE: RATER
JOB ID NUMBER: 32087
The Mayor’s Office of Operations Project Management Team manages inter-agency, strategic projects of significance to the Mayor and City Hall senior staff. Many of the projects the office is currently focused on revolve around improving the efficiency and effectiveness of intra- and inter- agency operations.
The Scorecard program rates the cleanliness of New York City’s streets and sidewalks based on regular assessments conducted by a team service inspectors employed by the Mayor’s Office. For the past 35 years, inspectors have rated a randomly chosen set of blocks throughout the five boroughs to develop monthly cleanliness ratings for all of the City’s 59 community board districts. Besides providing a regular “scorecard” for the citizens of New York City and their representatives, this information is used by the Department of Sanitation to target its street and sidewalk cleanliness resources to focus on the neediest sections of the city.
Field responsibilities for the Rater will include, but are not limited to:
• Performing field inspections using GPS enabled wireless handheld devices to evaluate City cleanliness levels. Inspections are performed daily using City vehicles.
• Participating in ongoing training and quality-control programs to ensure quality of inspections.
• Monitoring and reporting on the condition of city vehicles and handheld computers used in inspections. This includes delivering and picking up City vehicles for repairs and preventive maintenance.
• Performing inspection and data collection for special projects associated with the Scorecard program.
In-office and remote responsibilities for the Rater may include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting the Program Manager and field staff with administrative aspects of daily assignments and special projects.
• Performing quality assurance reviews on images captured by field staff.
• Completing data entry on cataloging images and completed inspection routes.
• Performing routine office and clerical functions associated with inspection activities.
• Helping maintain and update project materials, including route maps and inspection logs
PREFERRED SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
• A High School Diploma or its equivalent, preferred.
• A valid NY State Motor Vehicle Operations, required (Each candidate’s driving record will be taken into consideration in determining his/her eligibility/qualification for appointment)
• Experience in some form of inspectorial tasks or position.
Commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and three (3) references to Candidate Application
New York City Residency Is Required Within 90 Days of Appointment
The Office of the Mayor and the City of New York are equal employment opportunity employers.
Women, people of color, LGBT individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and the Office of the Mayor is committed to helping staff to develop and grow.
For current job opportunities in the NYC Mayor’s Office visit: MO Job List
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources at HR@cityhall.nyc.gov.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.