Master & Reference Data - Data Management Consultant 3|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Chief Operating Office (COO) is responsible for delivering a more consistent approach to business operations across Wells Fargo, strengthening the company’s risk and control infrastructure, and delivering effective and efficient enterprise services to employees and customers.
The COO group includes the head of Operations, who is jointly responsible for line of business operations with each of the five LOB CEOs. Operations functions include contact center operations, client servicing support, money movements within our businesses, lending operations, and other functions.
The COO group also includes a number of teams dedicated to strengthening Wells Fargo’s risk and control infrastructure. These include the Control Executive team; Regulatory and Policy Affairs; Enterprise Customer Excellence; Sales Practices Oversight and Management; and Strategic Execution and Operations.
The Chief Administrative Office, encompassing the Corporate Properties Group; Corporate Security; Enterprise Business Resiliency; Strategic Programs and Process Improvement; Enterprise Change Management; Supply Chain Management; and Data Management and Insights, delivers important services for our employees and customers.
To support the resolution of regulatory findings, regulatory compliance and reporting, risk management, and all major lines of business through the remediation of issues with master and reference data, the successful candidate will:
- Understand multiple use cases and properly define requirements for Master & Reference Data (MRD)
- Operate processes to triage and assess data issues to identify the scope, scale and root cause
- Support the development and evaluation of options to remediate issues in a manner consistent with MRD strategy and in close collaboration with eMRD, BDL teams and other participants in solutioning groups.
- Support the execution of enterprise wide remediation programs as required
Position responsibility will include but not limited to:
- Perform triage analysis on data issues to identify those relevant to MRD
- Perform detailed analysis on MRD data issues to understand root cause
- Gather requirements to support use cases for MRD and enable comprehensive remediation of data issues
- Provide data solution technical guidance and direction
- Facilitate technical discussions to solve relevant business problems
- Lead or support enterprise wide data issue remediation programs as appropriate
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis demonstrated through work or military experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of financial services experience
- 1+ year of Customer Remediation experience
- Knowledge and understanding of banking products and services
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Experience querying, extracting, and reporting on multiple databas es while adhering to data management regulations and policies
- Knowledge and understanding of compiling and preparing executive summaries, whitepaper, and presentations for management/senior leaders
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
TX-Addison: 5080 Spectrum Dr - Addison, TX
GA-Atlanta: 171 17th St Nw - Atlanta, GA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
IA-Clive: 13733 University Ave - Clive, IA
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-Irving: 5000 Riverside Drive - Irving, TX
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.