Electrical Engineer II |
Howe & Howe, Inc., a Textron Systems Company, is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to join our team. As an Electrical Engineer you will perform a variety of assignments including system requirements analysis, architecture design, and integration of systems. A strong candidate will possess a broad knowledge base in multiple engineering disciplines and be able to operate in both fast-paced R&D and production environments. Whether your desired career path is technical or leadership, Textron Systems is highly diversified with a strong grow-from-within philosophy that offers exceptional opportunities for career progression. For more information on the products developed by the Howe & Howe team, please visit http://www.howeandhowe.com/
- Generate overall electrical system architecture designs to satisfy functional, reliability, and safety requirements
- Develop low and high voltage electrical power distribution systems based on system requirements
- 2D schematic capture and 3D modeling/routing of vehicle wire harnesses collaborating closely with mechanical engineers on routing.
- Provide engineering support for harnessing fabrication both in house and out of house
- Debugging of electrical assemblies and harnessing
- Serve as a resource to others within the work group, department, and the organization.
- Effectively communicate with program managers, planners, and technicians.
- Drive tasks to completion independently.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (Electrical) with 5 years related experience or master’s degree in engineering with 3 years related experience.
- Experience with analog and digital circuits
- Experience with DC and AC power systems
- Experience with PCB Design
- Experience with design of electrical subassemblies and harnessing for both automotive and military applications
- Knowledge of automotive and military wiring and components such as relays, switches, connectors, back shells, etc…
- Operation of multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Effective writing and presentation skills.
- Hands on mechanical ability/understanding of vehicle systems
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel Visio, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Windows and/or Unix operating systems is a bonus
- Experience with CAN bus systems (J1939, CANopen, etc…) is a bonus
- Familiarity with and ability to use computer-aided design tools (Solidworks) is a bonus.
- Experience in a DoD environment is a bonus