Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Decatur, AL United States
|| Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Research & Development
Lean Promotion Office
Job LocationUSA, Decatur, AL
Job Posting TitleLean Promotion Office
The ChallengeParticipates in Lean product and process development activities for the site. Assists as core team member for all site LPPD/NPI programs to ensure all product and process changes are designed within the guidelines of the Appliance Production System.
What you will Do
- Develop and learn lean concepts and tools to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Organize, lead, and teach Lean concepts during all Lean activities.
- Work with all functions (Shop, EHS, Quality, Engineering and Materials etc.) to facilitate, sustain and drive continuous improvement.
- Facilitate a positive environment of change by engaging the team.
- Utilize Lean concepts and activities to develop a Lean culture with the DPO team.
- Seek and engage all teams to Identify new opportunities for process improvement (waste elimination) through shop floor observation and active communication.
- This position is planned as a permanent assignment.
- Associates responsibility will be to create goals and objectives aligning with business needs.
- Progress evaluations will be conducted every six months.
- The associate will be re-evaluated periodically for continuation of service based on progress evaluations.
- Associate must build relationships and be credible in eyes of peers.
- Proven track record of working independently and safely.
What you need to Succeed
- Demonstrated mechanical ability, fabrication, and machine building.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, creativity, planning and execution.
- Skilled and experienced in maintenance and tooling.
- Must be able to design and build auto eject mechanisms (Hanedashi) and able to use Google sketch up.
- Develop and build prototypes and mockups.
- Experience in machine controls, pneumatics, hydraulics and/or tolerance machining, slide mechanisms, grippers, and machinery component design.
- Must have excellent analytical abilities and be a self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communications, and great interaction with people.
- Periodic shift flexibility will be required to meet business needs. Normal hours will be 1st shift.
- Must be able to meet weight limits of 50lbs.
- Some college or equivalent experience/training in maintenance preferred. Candidates encouraged to pursue further education.
- Welding Experience is preferred.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Please visit our employer showcase!