Audit Manager - Global Banking|
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
As our Audit Manager, you will lead general audit activities across the Bank and Consumer Finance Corporation to include operations, personal financial services, consumer finance, commercial credit, retail brokerage, compliance, finance and corporate support. You will provide independent, objective assurance over the Group’s internal control framework and assists business line management by bringing a detailed, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Coordinates monitoring and continual assessment of strategic, credit, operational and other risks from business activities. Prepares and delivers written evaluations and recommendations to executive management team, and for review by the corporate board, audit committee and external regulators. Ensures external audit or regulatory criticisms of assigned businesses are corrected.
Our purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist. We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our more than 40 million customers. We’re bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world – for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
Here’s what you might expect on a typical day:
Banking and Capital Markets Audit Leading and Execution
- Audit banking, capital markets, investment banking, mergers and acquisitions and structured finance products.
- Handles development, design and execution of audit scope for assigned segments and recommend related overall audit plan coverage
- Ability to perform Design and Operative Effectiveness testing controls within business area
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships and perform Continuous Monitoring Activities to identify and assess the impact of the key inherent risks on the Control Environment
- Assists management in the assessment of planned controls for high risk project activities for businesses supported; recommend appropriate project life cycle controls to ensure end results do not pose undue organizational risks
- Maintains current knowledge of business, organizational, audit and technological changes as well as pertinent internal and regulatory policy and procedural requirements to ensure audit integrity, process innovation and service quality. Make adjustments to audit methods and systems as appropriate; interact with other Group Audit areas to develop coordinated approaches and use expertise as appropriate
- Ensures value-added audit work is completed in accordance with Group Audit Standards Manual (GASM) and Group Audit North America Instruction manual (GANA IM) requirements
Qualifications & Requirements
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Please apply if you have:
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years proven and progressive audit, business, and/or accounting experience or equivalent; substantial experience performing AML audit required
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, related field or equivalent experience
- Strong managerial skills, written and verbal communication skills, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, lateral thinking and interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge of the Company, Group and financial services industry, business supported and the regulatory framework they operate in
- In-depth understanding of the business, risks and related controls within areas of responsibility
- Ability to apply technology or expertise to business issues or operational problems
- Professional certification (s) preferred
- Ability to travel
As an HSBC employee, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. We work hard to ensure that our workplace is a diverse, inclusive and meritocratic environment and we have a strong commitment to sustainability. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) play a central part in life at HSBC, including the development of our employees and our connection to the communities and customers we serve. We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank for the future!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.