At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our San Francisco, California office.
As our Relationship Manager you’ll be the go-to advisor for all transactions to high net worth and ultra-high net worth individual clients. You’ll tackle every interaction with curiosity to uncover and solve potential roadblocks before they happen. Every day, you’ll build trust with clients and other Relationship Mangers by learning new concepts and researching information in real-time to provide creative solutions. To thrive in this job, you need relationship management experience in the banking sector. You should also be familiar with a CRM tool and the technical and personal details it takes to manage many stakeholders through a complex decision-making process. You must obtain a Series 7 and 66.
Our purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist. We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our more than 40 million customers. We’re bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world – for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
Qualifications & Requirements
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Here’s what you might expect on a typical day:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar type role.
- Global calendar. You’ll be up early and online late attending meetings with global stakeholders to build trust and enable efficient communication across time zones as you help them make important financial decisions.
- Financing conversations. You apply your understanding of how financing works, ensuring client’s objectives are met through an appropriate selection of products within the client portfolio.
- Teamwork. We don’t make decisions in a silo. You’ll provide coaching and guidance to other RM’s and creates opportunities to develop their knowledge and experience level.
- Troubleshooting. Scenarios range in complexity and you’ll need to adapt to one-of a kind challenges, everyday scenarios, and geopolitical issues.
As an HSBC employee, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. We work hard to ensure that our workplace is a diverse, inclusive and meritocratic environment and we have a strong commitment to sustainability. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) play a central part in life at HSBC, including the development of our employees and our connection to the communities and customers we serve. We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank for the future!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.