Bilingual Investment Counselor|
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
As our Bilingual Investment Counselor you’ll be partnering with Relationship Managers to offer appropriate investment solutions to clients, and attracting/enhancing client relationships and profitability. You’ll be responsible for assessing client need, developing a comprehensive investment strategy, coordinating sales and execution against that strategy, and monitoring performance and appropriateness of the client’s overall investment portfolio. Every day, you’ll build trust with clients and your team in these interactions by learning new concepts and researching information in real-time to provide creative solutions. To thrive in this job, you need experience in portfolio management, brokerage or institutional sales. You must have a Series 7 and 66.
Our purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist. We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our more than 40 million customers. We’re bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world – for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
Qualifications & Requirements
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Here’s what you might expect on a typical day:
- Leadership & Teamwork. You’ll proactively engage with Relationship Managers, Desk Heads and other product specialists.
- Financing conversations. You apply your research and evaluations from a wide variety of sources to develop comprehensive investment strategy and asset allocation proposal appropriate to client
- Teamwork. We don’t make decisions in a silo. You’ll work with your team to dig into the details and look at problems from every perspective. You must know how to pull together products, partners and stakeholders to support one decision.
- Troubleshooting. Scenarios range in complexity and you’ll need to adapt to one-of a kind challenges, everyday scenarios, and geopolitical issues.
- Language Skills: English as well as Mandarin is required
As an HSBC employee, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. We work hard to ensure that our workplace is a diverse, inclusive and meritocratic environment and we have a strong commitment to sustainability. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) play a central part in life at HSBC, including the development of our employees and our connection to the communities and customers we serve. We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank for the future!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.