Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Diamond Bar, CA
|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Consulting Services, Engineering, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Military, Science, Quality Control, Research & Development, Web Technology, Writing/Authoring, Energy / Utilities
Senior Engineering Geologist|
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are seeking a full-time Engineering Geologist for our office in Diamond Bar, CA. The group specializes in geotechnical engineering and geologic assessment projects mostly locally in southern California and also regularly in the Southwest United States and occasionally internationally. Our projects include dams and levees, mines, landfills, brownfield redevelopments, infrastructure projects as well as conventional geotechnical engineering projects, and forensic services and peer review services. Our clients are well diversified between state and local agencies (cities and counties), federal agencies (USACE, FEMA, FERC) as well as nationwide private and public clients.
You should have at least 15 years of direct professional experience in geotechnical consulting. You should be proficient in advanced geotechnical field work, geological analyses, and project management tasks. We are a collaborative team comprised of geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, advanced degree professionals, as well as field staff and consultants frequently working on multi-disciplinary projects across several operating units at Tetra Tech.
You will have the opportunity to grow your technical and business skills and contribute to some of the most complex engineering projects. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive salary and an entrepreneurial career path that values innovation and excellence.
- Perform and/or manage geotechnical field investigations, fault studies, site inspections, and construction observations and testing
- Perform analyses of collected field data, laboratory data and published data for the purpose of developing appropriate geotechnical design recommendations suitable for civil/structural design, permitting, certification and assessment
- Perform geologic evaluation tasks, including geologic maps and cross-sections, borehole and trench logs, and written descriptions of geologic conditions
- Perform geologic hazard evaluations with focus on fault studies, landsliding
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of design reports for various geotechnical structures
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in geology and at least 15 years of direct relevant professional experience
- PG and CEG, or the ability to sit for a CEG exam
- Proficiency in geologic field logging of borings, test pits, and trenches
- Proficiency in geologic field mapping
- Management of field and office staff
- Analyses of engineering geological data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Some competency in illustration software also desirable, e.g., Autocad, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, ArcGIS
- Preparation of proposals and reports
- Self-starter, analytical, and possess excellent computer, writing and oral communication skills
- Experience in field investigation and construction quality assurance activities
- Some travel (up to approximately 20% - 25%) should be anticipated
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
Please visit our employer showcase!