Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Research Triangle Park, NC
|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Construction, Mining and Trades, Consulting Services, Engineering, Internet/E-Commerce, Military, Science, Sports and Recreation, Quality Control, Research & Development, Environmental, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
Water Resources Modeler|
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Our Research Triangle Park office is seeking a Water Resources Modeler to support and lead a variety of water quality management and water resources projects. In this position, you will apply various types of modeling (watershed, lake/river/estuary/coastal, water quality, sediment transport, hydrodynamic and hydraulic, and/or computational fluid dynamics) to assist clients with environmental compliance, feasibility and design studies, and total maximum daily load development.
The RTP office is comprised of professionals who work in a highly collaborative environment (both in person and virtually) with colleagues and clients across the county and internationally to solve a wide variety of challenges for a diverse group of clients. While the focus is on water resources solutions for local, state, and federal agencies, we are a full-service team that provides project life-cycle solutions through modeling, watershed assessments and planning, best management practice (BMP) recommendations, design (infrastructure, BMPs, stormwater control measures, dams, smart site design), construction oversight, water quality sampling, and trend monitoring.
We are continually innovating; to provide cutting edge solutions for our clients. Our team incorporates a “research, develop, and execute” approach that results in real-world solutions that are efficient and sustainable.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research related to watershed modeling and water quality management studies
- Analyze watershed, hydrodynamic, and water quality data using GIS and statistical techniques
- Lead and support model setup, calibration, validation, and application
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps, and tables/matrices
- Prepare memos and reports to contribute to project documentation and deliverables
- Prepare computer programming scripts
- Support field analysis of watershed resources (upland, wetland, riparian and stream channel areas)
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in water resources or civil/environmental engineering with EIT or HIT certification and 2-5 years of related experience
- Experience conducting water quality, hydrodynamic, sediment modeling, and computational fluid dynamics studies using public and proprietary domain tools. Experience with SWMM and HEC RAS is preferred. Experience with HSPF/LSPC, SWAT, APEX, EFDC/Delft3D, WASP, SWAT, or OpenFOAM/FLOW3D is beneficial
- Knowledge of computer programming language; R and Python experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and ArcGIS
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in emerging topics in water resources
What We Can Offer You:
- Collaborative work environment and advancement opportunities. This position is in RTP, NC with opportunity to work in Fairfax, VA, Atlanta, GA, California, or Arizona and to collaborate with a national team.
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives and to work remotely
- Competitive benefits package and learning and development opportunities
- Access to many outdoor recreation areas (Umstead State Park, Eno River Park) and easy access to both the coast and the mountains.
- Opportunity to live and work in one of the fastest growing areas in the country with Apple, Google, Fidelity, Robinhood, Invitae, Credit Karma, and Toyota all opening offices in the Triangle Area.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
Please visit our employer showcase!