Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Diamond Bar, CA
|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Consulting Services, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Military, Other / General, Science, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Environmental, Web Technology, Natural Resources, Energy / Utilities
Environmental Field Technician|
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech Solid Waste West (SWW) is seeking an Environmental Field Technician.
Tetra Tech is expanding our team and looking for hardworking and capable individuals. Our technicians receive hands on practical experience and have a direct impact on our environmental projects.
Tetra Tech specializes in a wide variety of consulting, testing, monitoring, and maintenance in the solid waste field. Our project sites offer a unique working environment that allows our technicians to gain experience both on an operational and a regulatory level.
- Ensuring all regulatory objectives and due dates are being met, including the proper collection and documentation of environmental data
- The Operation & Maintenance of Gas Collection & Control System’s (GCCS) on our projects. Including performing Routine & Non-Routine maintenance on GCCS components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance
- Monitoring and analyzing landfill gas (LFG) and liquids
- Monitoring and maintaining the liquids extraction systems within the GCCS
- Critical thinking and problem solving of complex GCCS issues
- Respond to GCCS call-out devices.
- Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landfills and outdoor terrain
- Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis
- Pass a company paid, baseline health physical and drug screening, as required
- Ability to obtain, and keep in good standing, a valid driver’s license and ability to drive to job sites
- Complete the OSHA HAZWOPR, 40-hour, environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems failures
- Ability to develop a good working knowledge of flame-ionization detectors, photo-ionization detectors, explosive gas detectors, water level detectors, PH/temperature/conductivity meters, and other typical environmental monitoring equipment
- Light equipment operation, HDPE pipe fusion experience is a plus
- Ability to learn general gas, soil, and air sampling techniques including applicable environmental and health & safety regulations and regulatory requirements
- Ability to be familiar with operation and maintenance techniques for landfill gas and landfill fluids collection systems as well as landfill gas data, data processing techniques, and databases
- Ability to create professional business documents (letters, reports, memoranda, etc.)
- Minimum High School Diploma and 1 year of general working experience
- Preferred A.S or B.S Degree in environmental, or other natural science (geology, biology, ecology etc.)
- Proficient in the use of a PC, specifically Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with match
- Stock Purchase Plan
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
Please visit our employer showcase!