Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||St. Clairsville, OH
|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Consulting Services, Engineering, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Military, Science, Quality Control, Research & Development, Environmental, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
CADD Drafter/Technician - St. Clairsville, OH|
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Your Role: Tetra Tech, Inc. is seeking an entry-level CADD Drafter / Field Technician to support design and field activities for oil and gas, civil, and mining projects for our St. Clairsville Ohio office. The work will primarily be in eastern Ohio, northern West Virginia, and western Pennsylvania. As an entry-level CAD Drafter / Field Technician, the candidate will be working with scientists, engineers and surveyors performing a variety of field tasks.
The functions to be performed include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Work with engineers, scientists and senior designers to develop designs for civil, environmental, mining, and infrastructure projects.
- Develop and plot maps showing topographical contours, elevations, profiles, cross-sections, and erosion and sediment controls.
- Develop and draft design drawings of structures and installations such as aggregate equipment pads, impoundments, roads, culverts, pipelines, manholes, tanks, buildings, landfills, etc. including grading and Erosion & Sediment Control BMP’s.
- Support the Survey group and Field teams with importing survey data and creating base maps.
- Ability to draw plats using deeds, plans, and other documents
- Sampling various environmental matrices and wastes; Sample collection using various sampling methods including hand auger, bailers, pumps and low flow sampling techniques.
- Maintain and calibrate field equipment and instruments.
- Performing a variety of field measurements at client locations; including accurate documentation of field conditions, field measurements, and sample custody; Prepare reports summarizing sampling efforts and field measurements.
- Associate degree in Drafting/CADD/Civil Engineering required.
- Candidates must be available to work shifts when required and have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Candidates must also be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to work on and prioritize a variety of technical assignments and complete work on schedule.
- Good working knowledge of the following software: latest versions of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Carlson and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of concrete testing, soil or asphalt compaction testing, state or ACI certification a plus. Working knowledge of Erosion & Sediment Control requirements a plus.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
Please visit our employer showcase!