Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Consulting Services, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Military, Science, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
Senior Level Electrical Designer/Lead Designer|
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
SENIOR LEVEL ELECTRICAL DESIGNER/LEAD DESIGNER
- Coordinate the best design solution by applying industry knowledge while considering customer needs and budgeting requirements.
- Act as primary lead and provide technical assistance for multiple projects during bidding, design, permitting and construction.
- Ability to scope out a project and determine required deliverables.
- Ability to estimate a project and manage the budget, develop change orders as necessary.
- Willingness to interact with other disciplines and get information to keep electrical design moving.
- Communicate with clients, project personnel and inspecting authorities.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Prepare detailed drawings/models for a project using the application of theoretical and practical design knowledge.
- Provide design direction and support to all team members.
- Design of feeder and branch circuits to include selection of the conductor and conduit sizing
- Low- and medium-voltage (13.8kV and below) power distribution system configuration and layout
- Layout of underground conduits and duct banks
- Layout and routing of cable tray and conduit systems
- Motor starter and miscellaneous control schematics and wiring diagrams
- Cable routing and circuit schedule development
- Design of control, lighting, grounding, cable tray, and security systems
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs
- Creates and revises design drawings, generally for a single discipline, but the ability to work with other discipline drawings is critical
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file system for design drawings
- Work cooperatively with other designers and disciplines to produce a coordinated set of design documents
- Knowledge of motor controls, process, and building systems controls
- Skilled in lighting calculations and fixture selection for indoor and outdoor lighting systems
- Experience with electrical area classification
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with a team
- Provide efficiency reviews and/or value engineering options for existing designs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use a computer and computer software programs, including AutoCAD, Revit, CADWorx, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of the latest edition of the NEC and NESC
- Working knowledge of the latest edition of API 500 a plus
Per our company policy, this offer is also contingent on passing a background and drug and alcohol test before starting at our company.
Minimum salary is 93,600.00 negotiable.
This full-time position has the following benefits available: medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD and 401k.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
Please visit our employer showcase!