Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is an industry leader in Asset Management Services. Accordingly, Tetra Tech executes numerous facility/infrastructure condition assessments (FCA) for government and commercial clients. An FCA is an asset inspection and engineering analysis of the level of maintenance and history, failure trends, root cause analyses, and work requirements to be accomplished that establishes the physical and mechanical condition of an asset. Clients use the FCA as a planning tool for short and long-term budget requests. Tetra Tech is seeking a qualified quality control (QC) technician to provide QC support and provide support to assess electrical, mechanical, fire protection, exteriors including roofs, interiors, and other facility systems as well as linear utility systems, stormwater, wastewater, water, electrical, natural gas, pavement, steam or compressed air.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform database queries and generate reports to support QC review of deliverables.
- Manage large datasets, typically .mdb’s and photos, for reference and record purposes
- Provide technical support the Asset Management QC lead as requested.
- Perform occasional facility assessments of buildings, structures and other real property assets across the building structural/civil/architectural, mechanical/electrical/plumbing and fire protection systems. Work is typically performed in teams of 2-4 assessors with assignments split based on personnel experience and trained disciplines.
- Conduct inventory and condition assessments of building systems consistent with the UNIFORMAT convention per ASTM E1557.
- Identify building components and document deficiencies to update the facility condition index (FCI).
- Generate system summary reports for assigned systems.
- Field work on-site in both CONUS and OCONUS on trips lasting 1-3 weeks.
- Strict adherence to the Tetra Tech safety policies.
Knowledge and application of US Army Corps of Engineers Sustainment Management Systems. Use of BUILDER Sustainment Management System (SMS), including inventories, condition assessments and data entry using BUILDER Remote Entry Database (BRED) is strongly desired but not required. Project activities may also include preparing data collection devices before trips and becoming proficient in the management and deployment of in-house tools for field use.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Included in this section are education, experience, skills (including computer skills), licenses, certificates, and registrations.
- Qualified candidates will have extensive experience using Microsoft (MS) Office applications. More highly qualified candidates will possess a demonstrable ability to leverage Excel macros and Access forms, SQL queries and VBA scripting to process data and automate tasks.
- Experience with tools such as MS DOS batch files, MS Powershell, VBScript, MS SQL Server, AutoDesk AutoCAD, or MS Visual Studio is highly valued but not required. Experience with Department of Defense real property and/or facility management and related technologies is also valued but not required.
- ESRI ArcGIS and Microsoft PowerBI or other Business Intelligence related tools is preferred.
- Occasional travel within CONUS will be required in order for the successful applicant to gain a better understanding of the data and the field processes used in obtaining it. A valid driver’s license and clean record are required to gain access to the government installations where most of the field work is conducted.
- Other skills must include consistent attention to detail and the ability to proactively work as part of a multi-disciplinary team located across many offices and time zones. Candidates must have strong and clear communication skills, both in speech and in writing, and be prepared to master technically detailed tasks provided through training and supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related Information Technology degree.
The candidate is expected to occasionally participate in field activities. This involves walking or standing for the majority of the workday. Teams may walk from 5 to 10 miles in a given day. Candidates must also be able to climb ladders and to access flat roofs where safe access is provided.
When not traveling to sites on data collection trips (see above), the candidate will work in an office environment and occasionally from home. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travel may require working outdoors for brief periods where a variety of weather conditions can occur.
Candidates are expected to be very proficient in basic arithmetic skills and must be capable of double-checking any mathematically derived quality queries and analyses.
Computer Skills are mandatory, Microsoft Windows – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, are strongly desired.
All candidates are required to have the ability to pass a security/background check and security clearance investigation. This position may require a U.S. Passport and the ability to travel overseas as needed.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies