Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Consulting Services, Engineering, Human Resources, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Web Technology, Writing/Authoring, Energy / Utilities
Senior Civil Engineer (Chicago)|
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking a Senior Civil-Municipal Engineer for the Chicago, Illinois area (Flexible Work Arrangement – Office or Remote Work) to work in our Power Division, contributing to the successful completion of projects in the transmission & distribution and renewables sector. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Review and authenticate functional and detailed designs of site preparation, storm water management, site grading, access roads, and fencing for projects in the power industry.
- Liaise with other discipline leads, project managers, vendors, contractors and clients to facilitate smooth flow of information for use in preparing preliminary and detailed design and provide design clarifications and solutions during construction.
- Apply knowledge of North American codes, regulations and standards and have a good working knowledge of local Municipal Specifications, Guidelines and best industry practices.
- Provide technical leadership to the Civil team on projects.
- Participate in design reviews on various projects and provide technical input.
- Experience in municipal sewer and industrial design including but not limited to: Site development, Grading and Drainage Design, Site utilities / tie-ins, Erosion control, and road design
- Monitor project schedule and budgets within your area of responsibility and report status on a regular basis
- Attend project meetings as required
- 10+ years experience in municipal engineering, specifically in transmission lines, high voltage substations, industrial, power generation, hydro, and/or utility projects.
- Extensive experience in site preparation, drainage, grading, and access roads
- Working knowledge of civil design standards in Canada
- Strong communication, report writing, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a university degree in Civil Engineering and be licensed to practice as a professional engineer in Canada
- Knowledge of the following software packages is an asset: Civil 3D, XP Storm, Water Cad, AutoTurn and AutoDesk AVT.
- Must be able to work independently and with others on multiple projects.
- Able to work as part of a multi-discipline design team.
- Experience in business development and structural design would be an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Please visit our employer showcase!