VHB’s growing Westbrook, ME office is seeking a Survey Project Manager to join our Survey team. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in Land Surveying for a variety of applications, including boundary determinations, topographic surveys, utility surveys, highway surveys and subdivisions. The position requires up-to-date knowledge of current technologies, and a proven ability to manage land surveying projects.
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, surveyors, scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
Survey Project Manager | Westbrook, ME
- Successfully managing projects, project staff and clients
- Establishing budgets and schedules for new projects
- Guiding/directing survey staff to stay on course with respect to budgets and schedules
- Performance and/or oversight of surveying calculations
- Analysis and interpretation of public records research, including deeds, plans and other pertinent documents for the project
- Coordination of field crews and Survey/CAD Technicians
- Perform field checks, manage quality control of all products
Skills and Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of Land Surveying, including legal requirements, boundary determinations and ALTA requirements
- Knowledge of local subdivision and zoning requirements
- Thorough understanding of the use of up-to-date survey technologies and interface with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to direct and monitor construction layout services
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines
- 10+ years of professional land surveying experience, including managing land surveying projects
- Proficient in all aspects of land surveying including boundary line and topographic survey as well as construction stakeout
- Experience with electronic instruments, field data collectors, AutoCAD and Civil 3D software, GPS and robotic instruments
- Experience with remote sensing technologies such as UAV’s and terrestrial scanning is desirable
- Experience with remote sensing software such as Leica Cyclone and global mapper is desirable
- Experience with ESRI software is desirable
- ME PLS license preferred
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.