Hedge Fund Research Specialist, Alternative Investment Group|
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
The Hedge Fund Research Specialist, Alternative Investment Group role is part of the team performing investment due diligence for current and proposed holdings in third party managed alternative investment funds. The role involves working with the investment due diligence teams who are responsible for relationships the group has with 100-130 third party managers, working on fundamental bottom up research. The focus will be predominantly on Equity Long/Short and Credit oriented hedge fund strategies, with additional work on other strategies. Input to the top down strategy process and other tasks to ensure the smooth running of the team function will also be required.
Our purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist. We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our more than 40 million customers. We’re bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world – for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- Organizing the monitoring of the hedge fund investments that they are responsible for. Ensuring that all systems are fully up to date with all required information with regards to those investments and that information is escalated in a timely manner where appropriate.
- Working with third part managers to ensure that they provide all the information that HSBC requires, liaising with compliance, legal and risk functions to make sure all points are covered.
- Writing of comprehensive investment due diligence reports in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Requirements
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in numerate discipline. Master’s degree will be appreciated.
- Extensive investment experience in asset management, investment banking or related discipline.
- Previous relevant experience researching hedge funds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well in team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Self-starter, able to demonstrate initiative, well-developed time management skills.
As an HSBC employee, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. We work hard to ensure that our workplace is a diverse, inclusive and meritocratic environment and we have a strong commitment to sustainability. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) play a central part in life at HSBC, including the development of our employees and our connection to the communities and customers we serve. We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank for the future!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.