Cloud Data Engineer|
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Arlington Heights, Illinois office.
The Cloud Data Engineer will join the team to engage with and influence stakeholders and business SME’s in matters of data management, with emphasis on architecture, data warehouse, reporting and dashboards. This team member will play a proactive role driving engineering solutions needed for data management and data warehouse in cloud. You will need an understanding of cloud architecture and data engineering in cloud.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Consolidate & prioritize data management and reporting opportunities required for the country to respond to business analytics and regulatory needs
- Work with each GB/GF and identify data sources required for analytics and facilitate ingestion of the data sources to cloud
- Partner with stakeholders and business SME’s to define business case, provide requirements, obtain sponsorship and prioritize Data management book of work to support data analytics
- Provide consultancy to multiple GB/GFs in the region to define Data management and reporting measures and controls (thresholds) through end-to-end data flows, ensuring Data requirements are understood and implemented.
- Reduce ambiguity of data capture, resulting in improvements to consistent and standardized data – data management and reporting forms a critical component.
- Managing expectations of multiple stakeholders as data warehouse is used by multiple GBs and GFs and resolving conflicts.
- Complex system landscape and data sources, along with how to access the required data.
- Country specific restrictions (e.g. data sharing and PII information) that must be considered in every project/initiative.
- Highly demanding data and analytics business group
- Demonstrate leadership on Regulatory & Compliance matters. Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM.
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, and optimizing relations with regulators
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or International Equivalent required
- 4 or more years work experience in data warehousing, with strong awareness of industry Data management practice, Tools and Processes for data management
- At least 1+ years hands on experience on GCP (Google Cloud Platform) is a must
- At least 2+ years’ with ETL tools like Data Stage, Informix etc.
- Excellent Programming experience on Python and Java required
- At least 1+ years’ with GCP components like GCS, Big Query, Cloud SQL, Pub Sub/Kafka, Dataflow, Dataproc, Big Table, Data store and Google cloud SDK, Cloud Function/ Lambda
- At least 3+ years’ experience in RDBMs – Oracle DB2
- Banking experience with good business and product knowledge; especially in the area of Data management, design, architecture and dashboards
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Experience in Apache Storm, Apache Spark and Apache Hadoop a plus
- Ability to work with a degree of autonomy while also being able to work in a collaborative team environment
As an HSBC employee, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. We work hard to ensure that our workplace is a diverse, inclusive and meritocratic environment, and we have a strong commitment to sustainability. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) play a central part in life at HSBC, including the development of our employees and our connection to the communities and customers we serve. We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank for the future!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran