Who We Are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
The Assistant Store Manager role is an essential part of the store leadership team, impacting team member and guest experience every day. Assistant Store Managers are responsible for leading and coaching team members, holding the team accountable to results, and ensuring an outstanding guest experience in the store. Assistant Store Managers also are responsible for accomplishing administrative and operations focused activities, including floor management and scheduling.
Key Responsibilities of the Job
Leadership and People Management
- Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive and engaging experience for all team members and guests.
- Support Store Manager in building a strong and diverse team that includes team members with various experiences, backgrounds, and skillsets to drive store operations.
- Support ongoing learning and development of team members (i.e., Educators and Key Leaders) consistently and equitably by providing direct feedback, coaching, mentoring, and career path guidance, and addressing performance concerns.
- Support the store's recruiting and hiring process, onboarding training, and overall performance management activities.
- Engage in career discussions to support and reinforce team understanding of how working at lululemon will contribute to their career and personal growth.
- Provide team member recognition, gap assessment, and overall performance documentation to support and reinforce career and personal growth.
- Collaborate with Store Manager to plan and prepare team member schedule according to labour requirements, availability, and budget considerations.
Working with Others
- Establish supportive and productive relationships with all team members, focusing on personal and professional development.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure an optimal guest experience that values guests' time and support store operations.
- Support team members (e.g., leading by example or coaching) to ensure a great guest experience, including assessing guest needs, providing technical product educations, and supporting in-store transactions and omnichannel programs (e.g., buy online pickup in store, phone sales, and ship from store options).
- Move dynamically on the floor to assess and fulfill the needs of the business, team, and guests.
- Resolve guest feedback and address emergent issues, including guest escalations and emergency requests, helping to "make it right" for guests.
- Implement the Store Manager's vision for the store and cascade to team members.
- Partner with Store Manager to review business data and metrics (e.g., profit and loss [P&L] statement) to inform planning processes (e.g., quarterly business review and sales planning).
- Partner with Store Manager to manage store's budget, labor hours, expenses, and P&L statement.
- Provide salesfloor leadership to team members, including planning salesfloor coverage and making decisions to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of salesfloor operations.
- Open and close the store in accordance with the opening and closing checklists.
- Understand and adhere to people safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws or regulations.
- Accountable for delegated aspects of controllable budget or labour hours
- Team lead role indirectly responsible for subset of store employees during shift or as delegated by Store Manager
Key Skills & Core Values You Bring
- Inclusion & Diversity: Creates/supports an inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner
- Leadership: Is able and desires to lead, influence, and inspire others; motivates, empowers, develops, and directs people as they work
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Works productively with and supports others to achieve goals; seeks partnerships and diverse perspectives
- Adaptability/Agility: Tolerates uncertainty and ambiguity and can change priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Decision Making: Uses logic and reasoning to evaluate alternatives and make effective, timely decisions
- Strategic Thinking: Sets strategies that are aligned to vision and values of the company to achieve goals/vision/further the mission; considers the 'big picture' implications of decisions
- Resilience: Remains persistent; recovers quickly from setbacks
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the store is located
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have proof of the Right to Work and evidence relating to associated local legislative requirements (EMEA only)
- Must have the ability to travel to assigned store
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Other Willingness Requirements
- Willing to work as part of a team and also complete work independently
- Willing to move through a store for most of a shift to help guests and accomplish work
- Willing to move boxes weighing up to 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
- Willing to work in an environment with bright lights and loud music
- Work experience in leadership or people management
Job Assets (i.e., nice to have; not required)
- Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience: 1 year retail or sales specific management experience
In keeping with our mission, please connect with us at email@example.com if you have questions about how your unique abilities may translate to the requirements for this role, with or without a reasonable accommodation. In your email, please include the position title, the location of the position and the nature of your question or request.
Beyond The Paycheck (Benefits & Perks)
At lululemon, we care for and invest in the whole person - body, mind, spirit. Our total rewards program is designed to support you in achieving your goals and focus on the things you love. In addition to competitive base pay and a team-based bonus program, we also offer extended health plans, paid time off, savings plans, generous employee discounts, fitness/yoga classes, parenthood top up program and personal and professional development programs.
Note: availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these benefits and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.