Payment Services Specialist|
The Payment Services lead role is accountable to support the operational functions for electronic payment schemes (Wires, ACH, RTP) while liaising with critical partners across the organization to deliver HSBC’s strategic vision. This role requires knowledge of US Payments including Financial Markets Utilities (FMUs) utilized such as FEDwire, CHIPS, EPN, and RTP, as well as an understanding of the assoicated products.
The role will hold most or all of these responsibilities:
- Management of daily workflow of both onshore and offshore teams; including but not limited to: overseeing BAU operational functions, ensuring policies and controls are adhered to, and managing escalations for the products related to Payment Services
- Identifying efficiencies, ensuring adequate coverage and serving as a Subject Matter Expert
- Expected to lead/participate in projects and testing
- Ability to drive and provide a positive workplace environment
- Assist with the development of the staff by providing feedback, coaching and support as well as providing input into performance reviews
- Must be able to multi-tasks and manage the teams work in order to meet SLAs and regulatory deadlines, as well as completing critical adhoc requests
- Candidate should have strong analytical skills and be able to work with the manager and staff to resolve issues in a timely manner; this include identifying risks and/or problems and their solutions
- Must be able to effectively communicate and develop partnerships with a variety of businesses for the purpose of driving operational efficiencies and enhancing client journeys
- Managing departmental cash breaks and analysis of internal accounts to identify potential risk items
- Supporting Risk and Control Environment, including but not limited to: Control Management, Audit/Exam champion, event tracking and recording, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Banking and Payment knowledge pertaining to the electronic payment schemes (Wires, ACH, RTP - Faster Payments)
- Understanding in the Payment Industry initiatives including but not limited to SWIFT GPI, ISO20022, NACHA Requirements, FedNow, etc.
- Familiarity with lean/six sigma/Operational Excellence methodologies and involvement of embedding tools to partners and processes
- Self-motivated and strong time management and organizational skills with excellent interpersonal, verbal/presentation and written communication skills
- Problem solving and risk management experience with strong computer and software skills
- Flexibility in work hours to support critical payment hours
As an HSBC employee, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities to ensure you have the right skills for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including a robust Wellness Hub, all in a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work environment. You will be empowered to drive HSBC’s engagement with the communities we serve through an industry-leading volunteerism policy, a generous matching gift program, and a comprehensive program of immersive Sustainability and Climate Change Initiatives. You’ll want to join our Employee Resource Groups as they play a central part in life at HSBC, including the development of our employees and networking inside and outside of HSBC. We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank of the future!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.