About the Position
VHB, a nationally recognized leader in design, is seeking a part-time Environmental Intern to work in our Providence, RI office during the period from April through June 2022.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, surveyors, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
- Assist in the preparation of state and federal environmental permits for public and private-sector projects
- Research and interpret environmental laws and regulations
- Gather and interpret required environmental project-related data
- Effectively interact with numerous VHB staff, clients, and consultants to advance projects in a timely manner
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and interact appropriately and positively with others
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Enrolled in a Bachelor (B.S.) program in environmental planning, environmental law, natural resources, wetland science, or a related field
- 0 - 2 years of experience in an environmental planning/science environment
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.