Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Manufacturing and Production, Sales, Quality Control, Medical, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
Linde is seeking a Truck Driver to join our team in Slatersville, RI. This posiion is responsible for safely and efficiently operating a local route delivery vehicle to deliver hard goods, cylinder gas and associated products to customer locations. This Truck Driver opportunity is 1st shift and Truck Drivers are home nights and weekends. This position is elegible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus ($3,000 payable after 90 days and $2,000 payable after 1 year).
The Truck Driver role at Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is physically active (will be responsible for loading/unloading at client sites) and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety. Praxair Truck Drivers also must be willing to communicate and cooperate with customers, respond to their needs, and safely operate delivery vehicle in compliance with company and DOT Guidelines.
- The Truck Driver provides a high standard of Customer Service while delivering hard goods, various size and packages of compressed gas cylinders to customers, this includes unloading of products and movement to customer use point, followed by reloading the returned empty cylinders to the vehicle
- Driving represents approximately 30 % of the Truck Driver's day, remaining portion of the day is taken up by other activities including; delivery, cylinder handling, shipping orders/ paperwork, customer contact, vehicle AM and PM inspections
- Route Truck Driver responsible for delivery to all types of Industrial, Service, Educational and Medical customers
- Responsible for counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up to ensure accurate paperwork for customer transactions
- Completes Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
- Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and PDI standards
- Handheld computers are used for conducting customer transaction paperwork as well as compliance needs such as Hazmat preparation, vehicle inspection reports, load report, trip reports etc. Truck Drivers follow a computer generated Route and Sequence delivery plan.
- Conducts and reports pre-trip and post-trip inspections noting and explaining defects or deficiencies to supervision
- Identifies need for repairs and/or maintenance to vehicles and is accountable for ensuring the maintenance or repairs are accomplished with a minimum of disruption to the operation
- Operates a variety of equipment and regularly interfaces with both internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Praxair's
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions or other moving violations in the past two (2) years
- No alcohol related convictions within the last ten (10) years
- A current medical examiner’s certificate or the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Valid class A or B CDL is required
- Current Hazmat on CDL or ability to obtain Hazmat within 60 days of hire
- The ability to read and write in English
- High School G.E.D. is required
- Reached the age of 21 years or older
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect,
supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global
talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental,
disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered
for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our employer showcase!