Schneider Electric is seeking an Engineering Leader for its US Consulting Services team, which provides engineering and consulting services for the electrical industry. This role provides technical oversight for Power System Design, Power Control and Automation, Power System Analysis, Facility Assessments, and Power Quality engineering for a team of 130+ engineers. The responsibilities for this role also include thought leadership for development of new offers and development of industry standards related to both current and future engineering and services offers. In addition, this role provides thought leadership to entities within Schneider Electric outside of US Consulting as required for the advancement of the Business. This role provides engineering oversight, quality, and continuity within an environment of continual evolution of offers, organizational structure, and business needs.
The successful candidate will hold a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, with a PhD with Electrical Engineering being a plus.
20+ years of experience in Electrical Power Systems is required, with broad knowledge of Power System Analysis, Power System Design, and Power Control and Automation. Deep knowledge in one or more of these areas is required.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Depth and breadth of knowledge in Power Systems
- That the candidate has encountered and resolved a variety of complex power system issues in several different industry segments
- Industry leadership and recognition
- Deep knowledge of ANSI/NEMA equipment and equipment standards, and the National Electrical Code
- The ability to lead large projects with multiple engineering disciplines
- The ability to mentor and instruct other engineers
- The ability to lead engineering teams
- Experience with recruiting and hiring
- The ability to build trust with clients by demonstrating engineering expertise and delivering exceptional results
- The ability to think "outside the box" in creating solutions to client needs
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding skills in supervision and management of engineering personnel
- Outstanding computer skills, including deep knowledge of at leat one major power system analysis software package and one major CAD package.
Familiarity with Schneider Electric's product offering is a plus. Schedule: