Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Decatur, AL US
|| Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Military, Transportation, Warehousing, Purchasing, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Packaging Warehouse Supervisor|
Responsible for all systems and activities involved in the receiving, storage, and shipping of products by the Bunge Oils facility located in Decatur AL. Position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation including day to day leadership of hourly employees functioning in a high performance team environment. Core Functions:
- Promote safety by driving a zero incident culture ensuring the safety of employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Ensue Plant is compliant with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Be an effective safety leader engaging in Bunge Oils Safety discussions and initiatives.
- Executes good manufacturing practices while promoting a safe working environment and maintaining sanitation standards (GMP and HAACP) through the supervision of all phases of the warehousing, shipping and receiving of products and supplies.
- Practices basic principles of good people management to include but not limited to hiring and training of new employees and development of subordinates
- Continually identifies and implements short and long term cost savings opportunities, in the areas of distribution and warehousing, that do not compromise quality
- Facilitates good communication by regularly informing management of significant operational issues, changes and recommendations
- Participates in food safety inspections including interacting with plant QA, regulatory agencies, Rabbis and external auditors
- Participate and sustain productivity activities.
- Coordinate the development of written Standard Operating Procedures and ensure the proper training and adherence to such procedures.
- Administer or coordinate discipline to affected employees.
- Respond and take corrective action related to customer complaints
- Maintain understanding of capacities, monitor daily levels and plan future moves
- Ensure maintenance of all material handling equipment, including forklifts, pallet jacks, and trailers.
- Ensure packaging needs of production are met at all times. Work with Purchasing to bring in supplies that meet Bunge quality standards.
- Proactively work with Account Managers, Customer Service Representatives, and plant personnel to prevent/reduce customer issues
- Work closely with the warehouse and QA functions to facilitate disposition of hold product and rework inventory.
- Oversee the daily settlement of process orders and material back flushing ensuring proper manufacturing credit is calculated.
- Publish daily reports and contribute to weekly dashboard data
- Operate department using objectives and goals reviewed daily, weekly and monthly.
- Ensure integrity of all SAP transactions: PGI, returns and inventory accuracy.
- EWM new product setup & maintenance
- On a daily basis, review over-allocated report to eliminate any unplanned product shortages.
- Plan, lead, and conduct finished goods inventory counts as determined by management.
- Responsible for scheduling of employees and work assignments in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Gain sufficient knowledge in the production areas in order provide appropriate relief.
- Responsible for the effective training of employees under your supervision.
- Be prepared to work a flexible, 8, 10, or 12 hour schedule that will include off shifts and weekends
- Has the responsibility to report all food safety and quality issues to persons having authority to get issues resolved.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Minimum 5 years direct supervision in warehouse operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the field of work.
- Demonstrate ability to work safely and to promote safe work practices in others.
- Strong leadership skills with proven track record of developing high performance teams. Work with self-directed teams a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams with other managers both internal and external to the facility.
- Knowledge of truck loading, dunnage, strapping, bracing to prevent transportation damage.
- Knowledge of transportation loss and claim procedures.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PP) SAP, and other technical software applications.
Please visit our employer showcase!