||Annapolis Junction, MD United States
|| Architectural Services, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Construction, Mining and Trades, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Legal, Real Estate, Warehousing, Executive Management, Broadcasting/Public Communications, Research & Development, Medical
Distinguished Engineer-Network Planning|
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Distinguished Engineer within the Central Real Estate, Planning and Partnership team will be the Radio Access Network (RAN) real estate subject matter expert. This position will report to the RAN Real Estate Planning which is accountable for Verizon’s network build strategy and control of the RAN rent/lease portfolio. This position is responsible for leading long term network planning, executing on a wide variety of strategic/transformative projects aimed at preparing the business for the future. As the subject matter expert, you will also be responsible to understand the competitive landscape for tower companies, REITs, regulatory changes that have financial implications as the evolution of technology and network expansion. The role will also be responsible for developing and being the business owner of the 10 year RAN rent/ lease growth strategy.
You will be part of a team that shapes multi-billion dollar investments across the nation’s largest and best networks and guiding Verizon into future network investments. You are a decisive, quick, forward-thinking, strategic, and tactical thought leader. Specifically you will developing the Verizon network and engineering multi-year strategic real estate and regulatory plan across all Verizon’s technology domains. Your contribution to the team will direct impact to our profitability and our ultimate success.
- Architect and design solutions to complex predictive and prescriptive modeling challenges including capital optimization across the network build.
- Develop assumptions and business owner of the 10-year RAN rent/ lease growth strategy.
- Create detail financial models/ business case to support overall strategic plan and investment needs.
- Benchmark total cost of ownership of existing agreements and completing regression analysis to determine desired operational and financial terms.
- Identify wins, evaluate complex network agreements and identify risk.
- Create business case and respond to bid/ proposals that take into account long term financial implications and evaluation of technology scenarios.
- Craft and deliver actionable recommendations to senior leadership.
- Present simplified data visualization or illustrations on operational data, technical solutions and complicated business processes.
- Research and analyze diverse industries, technologies, companies, markets, and business models.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
This position has high visibility and requires strong leadership skills, strategic thinking, decision-making, and communication skills. It requires the ability to navigate cross-functionally and establish strong collaborative partnerships at both the working and executive levels. This position requires an exceptional understanding of wireless technologies and the ability to communicate that information across the various Verizon organizations.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Econometrics or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience understanding complex business functions.
- Experience applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets.
- Experience with visual science / dashboard design principles.
- Experience working on network strategy and or planning.
- Knowledge of database concepts (Oracle, MS SQL, generic SQL).
- Knowledge of 5G, LTE, and CMDA technologies.
- Understanding of LTE and RAN Networks.
- Experience with Microsoft and G Suite applications Word, Docs, Excel, Sheets, PowerPoint, and Slides.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's in Business Administration (MBA).
- Advanced degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Economics.
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, or similar visual analysis tool, optimization, analytics and data sets, project management, developing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse and data lake technology (Teradata, Hadoop).
- High-level understanding of wireless network implementation knowledge.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.