Marketing Manager, Platform Pipeline & Strategy - DePuy Synthes |
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Marketing Manager, Platform Pipeline & Strategy, Trauma located in West Chester, PA or Zuchwil, Switzerland.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
DePuy Synthes Trauma is the worldwide leader in the development of products to treat orthopaedic trauma and other bone deformities. The company is headquartered in West Chester, PA and Zuchwil, Switzerland and employs over 1,000 people worldwide. This position is responsible for the worldwide marketing of products within the company’s global marketing team.
Position Duties & Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Commercial Results - Achieve worldwide business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory, and price on an annual basis. Manage expenses within budget. Increase company’ leadership position in trauma market.
- Brand Strategy - Contribute to the development of global brand strategies for products, services, programs and other key initiatives, including establishment of value proposition, targeting & segmentation, positioning, global branding, product launch and lifecycle management.
- Product Launch - Responsible for leading and executing impactful worldwide product launches. Specific responsibilities include the development of brand strategy, marketing materials for all key stakeholders (salesforce, surgeons, hospitals, patients, payers, etc.), price strategy, promotional plan, product training plan (salesforce & surgeons), product forecasting, inventory roll-out plan, sales tools, etc. Lead coordination with Regional Marketing teams and other key stakeholders.
- Portfolio Planning & Product Development - Contribute to multigenerational portfolio plans aligned to company strategy. Partner with R&D and Strategic Alliance counterpart to lead product development programs. Responsible for contributing to product scope, providing design inputs, validating product design, and development of launch messaging and materials, set configurations, etc. Leverage strong understanding of product development process and functional areas (quality, regulatory, etc.) to ensure on-time launches.
- Business Development – Identify external partners to target for acquisition or strategic partnership to fill gaps in the portfolio or create competitive differentiation. Develop business cases to gain internal support for proposed partnerships/acquisitions.
- Customer Insights and Analytics - Partner with Business Insights & Strategic Marketing to execute market research initiatives around customer needs and product validation. Provide technical expertise to assist in their execution. Stay connected with market needs through frequent interaction with customers (co-travel with sales consultants, attendance at industry meetings, review medical journals, etc.).
- Business Planning & Execution - Work closely with manager to develop business plans related to area of focus (i.e. business segment, product, region, etc.). Collaborate with other functional areas to execute plan. Apply understanding of the sales process to develop well positioned market messaging that can drive customer behavior. Partner with the sales force and field marketing to effectively deploy.
- People Management - Position typically does not involve management of direct reports but will provide direction and mentorship to junior members of the DePuy Synthes team. The position involves extensive interaction with external partners requiring collaboration and management of the partner resources and development processes.
- General Business Support - Develop strong relationships with surgeon customers and key targets. Partner with Professional Education & Tradeshow groups to build promotional plans around key events and provide on-site support. Partner closely with Regional Marketing and Sales Teams to gather input on customer needs and ensure strong alignment with product and company strategy. Be responsive in responding to requests from customers and sales consultants. Work collaboratively with functional areas and Strategic Partners to ensure business issues are addressed.
- A minimum of 6 years progressive business experience in any of the following areas: Marketing, Medical Device Product Development R&D, Medical Device Sales, or a related field is required.
- A proven track record of success and strong execution capability is required.
- Proven experience with strong communication skills, analytical skills and the ability to influence others are all required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
- Proven experience of progressive career advancement demonstrating success in achieving and surpassing goals is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Medical Device or other healthcare regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience in developing and launching new products, services and programs to the healthcare community is preferred.
- Experience interacting with key surgeon customers and sales force is preferred.
- The ability to work in a hands–on, fast paced, customer focused environment; Worldwide or international experience is preferred.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; An MBA is preferred.
- This position requires approximately 30% travel including weekends. Travel includes both domestic and international.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-1302 Wrights Lane East
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)