||San Antonio, TX US
|| Finance/Economics, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Retail/Wholesale, Executive Management, Aviation/Aeronautics
General Manager - San Antonio, TX|
Directly responsible for the customer satisfaction of the Service Center and for the management and proper operation of the Service Center. Provides exemplary service and support to Textron Aviation aircraft, including scheduled service, retail parts distribution and warranty repairs while maximizing customer satisfaction and profitability by executing the goals of the business plan.
- Manages the performance of aircraft maintenance and service as requested by the customer in accordance with the standards set by Textron Aviation and the appropriate governmental agencies. Where no such standards exist, work will be done to the latest state-of-the-art and highest industry standards for safety and quality.
- Works with team to drive a customer focused culture to ensure all needs of the customer are being met.
- Responsible for the proper staffing level of Service Center within budget guidelines. Performs required personnel functions or guides subordinate supervisors in so doing.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, neatness and condition of maintenance of Service Center, property and equipment.
- Responsible for the technical competence of all personnel. Provides for basic and recurrent training, adequate technical information and appropriate special servicing equipment and tooling.
- Responsible for the profitability for the Service Center by soliciting business, recommending rates for services performed, reviewing billings for accuracy and tardiness of payment, controlling inventory levels, monitoring labor utilization and taking necessary action to maintain an acceptable level, and controlling operational expenses within the prescribed constraints of budget and company policy.
- Works with team to develop meaningful metrics that drive customer focus and satisfaction.
- Prepares financial forecasts and reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis, and as required to provide control and management input necessary to assure the profitable performance of the Service Center.
- Responsible for securing the appropriate FAA Repair Station Certificate and maintaining the service center as a certified repair station for Textron Aviation (and other aircraft when necessary). Conducts direct liaison with responsible FAA officials regarding work accomplished by the facility.
- Reviews variety of control reports in the areas of labor efficiencies, billing efficiencies, inventories, margins, profits, quality of work, etc., and take action with appropriate subordinates to improve or correct unfavorable trends under their control.
- Ensures Hazardous Materials Handling Standards are met, and personal safety equipment is used where required.
- Reviews customer account status prior to and during maintenance visit to ensure proper account status prior to aircraft departure.
Take your career higher at Textron Aviation.
• Competitive starting salaries with growth potential
• Health benefits beginning day one
• Tuition assistance and continuing education programs
• 12-paid holidays a year
• Paid parental leave options
A new career awaits.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Aviation or related field
- 7-10 years progressive management experience
- Proven experience creating a safe work environment that incorporates teamwork and professional development.
- Must have exceptional customer service standards and excellent employee relation skills
- Possess a significant level of industry knowledge and end-to-end business process expertise
- Possesses strong business, customer focus, and financial acumen
- Established track record of being customer focused and accountable for results
- Ability to analyze performance metrics, risks, and controls
- Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Able to demonstrate self-initiative and results orientation
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an airport security badge through the local airport authority, if applicable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.