Drexel Biomaterials R and D Co-op (September 2022 - March 2023)|
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Biomaterials R&D Co-op. DePuy Synthes, Johnson & Johnson’s orthopedic medical device company, develops and markets implants and instruments for orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery. The co-op position offered by DePuy Synthesis in the Biomaterials Research and Development group, which develops implants based on new materials technologies including polymers, ceramics, composites, and drug-device combination products. The Biomaterials R&D Co-op will work in a team environment, assisting scientists and engineers in our R&D laboratories to fabricate device prototypes and conduct mechanical, chemical, biological, and simulated use testing to evaluate device performance.
- The co-op will conduct experiments and provide data, results analysis, and reports to project teams in a timeline-driven process, and will contribute to the efficient operation of R&D laboratories.
- The co-op will exercise technical judgment in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments, and use professional concepts to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- The co-op will maintain a laboratory notebook and other technical documentation according to required guidelines.
- The co-op may be asked to provide other project or product support as needed to support Synthes’ business objectives.
- This position requires work in a Biosafety Level 2 lab
- This position is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, located in West Chester, PA, and requires less than 5% travel.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate engineering or science program.
- The candidate should have an interest in chemistry, biology, materials science, or medical device design and testing.
- The successful candidate will have strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills, and should be observant and be able to think creatively.
- The candidate should be able to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Prior experience in conducting laboratory experiments is preferred
- A GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation before the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families, and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-1230 Wilson Drive
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)