||Providence, RI US
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Military, Executive Management, Research & Development
Tax Analyst - Compliance|
Textron is one of the world’s best-known multi-industry global companies including product offerings in aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care, and fuel systems. Textron is recognized for its powerful brands such as Bell, Cessna, Beechcraft, E-Z-GO, Arctic Cat, and many more. As a global company with a worldwide presence supported by 35,000 people in more than 25 countries - talent is a top priority. We are committed to building world class teams and developing core competencies while providing great growth and career opportunities.
The Company is currently searching for an experienced tax professional to fill the Tax Analyst position in our Compliance Tax Team. This role represents a great opportunity to become a member of a dynamic tax department comprised of highly-skilled and motivated tax professionals committed to providing team members with challenging and diverse tax work experience. This position reports to the Sr. Tax Manager - International as a member of the Compliance Tax Team and involves preparation and review of Company’s tax filing requirements related to federal and state tax return preparation and review, assistance with financial statement reporting for income taxes (ASC 740) as needed, IRS audit support for the Company as needed, development of less senior staff members, as well as tax research and special project work.
- Preparation and review of consolidated federal and state income tax returns in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Preparation and review of state quarterly estimate and extension calculations and payments.
- Preparation and review of book to tax differences with documentation of underlying accounting methods.
- Assist with research projects and resulting technical memorandum to support conclusions.
- Respond to tax correspondence with various taxing jurisdictions.
- Participate in implementation of tax compliance process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Working knowledge of C Corporation consolidated tax return regulations, and multi state tax concepts and
- the fundamentals of accounting based on US GAAP, ASC 740
- Working knowledge of C Corporation corporate tax forms with an emphasis on US International tax compliance including Forms 5471, 8858, and 1118.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills as evidenced by clear, effective communication and taking responsibility for understanding others
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving
- Working knowledge of research tools
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, new ideas, perspectives, strategies and positions
- Works effectively as a team member by operating cooperatively and cohesively with others
- Experienced with Excel and income tax provision and compliance software (OneSource Income Tax experience a plus)
- BS in Accounting
- Demonstrated public accounting or corporate tax environment experience with Federal & State corporate tax law matters
- Minimum of 4 years prior experience in a corporate tax environment or a combination of public and private industry experience.
- MST and/or CPA preferable